WFB3 Warm Ale and Mud

Warhammer Fantasy Battle 3rd Edition
I have started putting together the campaign page(s) of my website in readiness for our upcoming 10mm WFB 3rd edition campaign.

It is bare bones at the moment but you can find it HERE

Thanks, just ordered the models I need for the first part so maybe in a week or two it will be played and put online.
Not that there will be much, but its a start..

Berkut666

Thanks, just ordered the models I need for the first part so maybe in a week or two it will be played and put online.
Not that there will be much, but its a start..
Random question but your website address is familiar. Are you the same gent who use to do the excellent scenery for Epic Space Marine?

Berkut666

Hi.

I used to make and sell a load of 6mm sci-fi stuff yes.
OKI terrain, Junker stuff, infantry, tanks etc.
You can find it all at CP Models now (along with the 15mm desert fantasy range), he bought the ranges off me.

Nice! I have a load of your stuff and use it regularly. Bought it from you directly.

Looking forward to progress on this project.

ManicMan

I was looking at GW's site the other day just to see if they had said about prices for the reissues but they were plugging a game which was 'A new way to play'.. Looks like they have relaunched Epic as 'Legion' now ¬_¬ very new..

Berkut666

Yes they have. Legion Imperialis has some cool looking minis but the scale is massive compared to the old epic 6mm. I would say double the size from pics I have seen. Horus Heresy with huge armies sounds interesting.

ManicMan

Yes they have. Legion Imperialis has some cool looking minis but the scale is massive compared to the old epic 6mm. I would say double the size from pics I have seen. Horus Heresy with huge armies sounds interesting.
Epic was Horus Heresy period.. with huge armies.. ^_^ that legion thing is a very new idea indeed.. I can't remember if there was much or any size difference between Space Marine and Epic.. I think it was just mostly cheaper parts and a rename

Anyway....
Ohmy.gif

Yeah. I will play regular games and also this story campaign.
Armies: I have my Empire. My wife has Undead and a Dark Elf army.
Unpainted I have an orc army and a small chaos force.

Just working on the figures for the beginning of Warm Ale and Mud.

Part One of Warm Ale and Mud is up on my site.

LINK

Some spiel and images to tempt you to have a look.

“Come Grimes don’t dally, tis a fine morn and most certainly I am not to be held up simply as you can not handle your wine as well as I”.

“Must I sound the horn though my Lord?”

Ballard Weller, the marshal of The Auld Ryding, a stern glance to Grimes, making it very clear that this is not up for debate, and so with some reluctance, Grimes blasts on the horn.

It is nothing short of a miracle that the effort does not make him vomit, nor the resulting sound split his very tender head.

“Excellent Grimes, Onward!!!”

As they gallop off, Grimes feeling the worst he has felt in many a morn comes to the mistaken conclusion that the day could not possibly get any worse.

From within the depths of the barrow mounds, the sound of a hunting horn cuts through the chill morning mist.

The wretched abhumans that feast on sweet pork pause for a moment from their searching and look to their Vampire mistress for guidance.

“Keep searching, I never said to stop” Geneive orders and after a heartbeat of consideration for her simple minded thralls, “there is nothing to fear”.

Reassured the ghouls carry on sniffing and clawing at the burial mounds, trying to locate one particular tomb.

Geneive however is not so sure, who could be out at such a time, on such a dismal day, and be this near to the barrows the simple locals fear to be haunted.

3hjni4fkzzfzys95w1xomyijo4o4eph9.jpg

46ndzw418ca0h9fvnrwx1g67h1h9l24b.jpg

zchjrtfjzjdxxghn0kmpmms41x2nzcty.jpg

1evgo1cuwav9ezp7wnfkouczip9mjln3.jpg

5vndvz1io98o3ft6036hq56irrlv5hib.jpg

Back