Tilea IC2401 (Campaign#8)

Padre

Thanks again. I think this next bat rep came out well.

Part 76 of Tilea's Troubles is a battle report. Brute ogres are defending Campogrotta against an army of dwarves and mercenary (!) Bretonnians. There are loads of 1980s' Oldhammer models in amongst the attackers, as well as models all the way up to today!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

symphonicpoet

^It did indeed. Some great shots, and I love the Granitebreaker effects. That was one of the battle reports that really got me sucked into your story when I first started reading it a few years ago. Well done!

Padre

Back to the 'current day' of the campaign, and a story that will be a video in a couple of years time!!!!! I tell you, building a cloister, even a 'film set' stye one, takes ages. I thought the end result would look great, but not that much. At least there's some depth to the structure. I made it so big I couldn't really get it all in a picture at once!

The skaven issue threats, of the sort that people have every reason to fear!

See https://bigsmallworlds.com/2023/10/02/to-know-and-to-heed/

symphonicpoet

I liked your cloister. It's simple, but the white marble aesthetic makes sense. Seems a fitting backdrop. That said, I can believe you it took ages. This was a fun episode.

Padre

Well, when I said ages I meant longer than it should have done due mistakes and backtracking! I was gonna go for 4 sides of a hexagon, but soon changed my mind.

symphonicpoet

Oh, I can easily believe it took way longer than it should have. And I know the frustration of getting halfway through a project and realizing you have to start over. Sincere sympathy.

Padre

Part 77 of Tilea's Troubles is here. One of two prequels to a bat rep. Politics and personalities - the commanders of five armies in a big tent!

Padre

Part 78 of Tilea's Troubles is a shortish one. Vampires, skelebobs and the poor, enslaved populace of Trantio.

Padre

Part 79 of Tilea's Troubles is an unusual battle, between large armies (including very old and new figures, from many different manufacturers) in a necropolis valley!

Padre

Thanks muchly, Symphonic!

Tilea's Troubles part 80 is up! A fiendish, nocturnal assassin is finally faced up to! See ...

Padre

Wizards, mercenary companies, dwarfs, and figures from the 80's onwards. What's not to like? (Well, obviously, there could be loads you don't like, but I will offer it here anyway!) Tilea's Troubles, Part 81 is now 'out' ...

Padre

Merry Christmas to all! And for those of you who enjoy my videos, the present of the a little installment somewhat earlier than I usually manage between videos - Tilea's Troubles, Part 82. Ho ho ho!

symphonicpoet

Bravo Padre! Watched 81 yesterday or the day before. Will watch 82 this evening. Even having read through all this when you first posted it here, it's still a rewarding visit the second time around. And your reading is great fun. Would make for a great audio book. (And a rather long and meaty one, I think.) Well done!

Padre

In Tilea's Troubles part 83 the vampire Duchess Maria leads her small, personal army against the remains of the Disciplinati di Morr.

Padre

Back to the past with a new video ... The Sartosans make a proper appearance in our campaign, and they're already plundering!

Padre

The uomini ratto finally make an appearance in the campaign story (although they have been behind the scenes for somne time). Two nervous servants carry a message through the underpasses. A short video.

Back