Slowly painted greenskins

Tex

I've been missing your updates for too long, my bad!
Amazing stuff, really!
Will look for you on instagram

dazza36

So been lacking in posts lately so let me remedy that right now. Have been slowly working through my mound of greenskins and what was meant to be a brief pause from my BOOD dwarfs has turned in to a full blown project!!! You may notice that I recently decided to change my bases from a light brown to a much darker colour which I think works better with the muted tones of the models. So here we go...

Gobbo's
binary-comment.jpg

binary-comment.jpg

Orc's
binary-comment.jpg

binary-comment.jpg

Eventually each unit will be 20 strong but for the time being I'm batch painting in groups of 5 and switching between the different types. More pictures can be found on my Instagram.

lenihan

Great stuff! The thing I really like about these Orcs is how the lower jaw protrudes, and you've brought that feature out really well

dazza36

Slowly working through the horde but been side tracked by something a little bit bigger. Never liked these Giants and can remember hating the pictures when they appeared in WD back in the day as the proportion of the limbs just looked wrong. However had a change of mind when I got one in a swap deal recently. In fact ended up buying a second as I enjoyed painting the first one up so much. Nearly finished them but couldn't resist posting a couple of pictures.

The first swap giant (99% complete)
giant1.jpg

Second one still WIP
giant2.jpg

2nd giant was a bad cast with a part of back missing so I've had to green stuff something. Not totally sure what it was meant to be but its now at least paintable. Probably was the reason seller didn't post a rear photo when selling !!!

dazza36

Finished off the giants. Originally never a part of my Orc & Goblin army but once I got the first it was inevitable I was going to get at least a second ! Really been a joy to paint and definitely the best things I've ever painted and also given me confidence to not be scared by bigger figures.

First giant
binary-comment.jpg

binary-comment.jpg

Second giant
binary-comment.jpg

binary-comment.jpg

Together
binary-comment.jpg

Close up of the faces. Hard to see but second head has green eyes.
giant8.jpg

Tex

Wow, mate...you've done a superb job on these :o 8-)
These sculpts are awkward looking - to say the least - when bare, but once painted at a similar level they really turn into the most characterful minis.
Should have a couple myself well down the lead mountain...

Back