Lost Lead

Naagruz

While looking for ideas for my growing Lizardman force, I ran across this passage:

Notice the focus on Lizardmen? The 2nd edition listing for Cold Ones even goes so far as to mention they won't attack other lizardy races. While stinky Inkys & Frogs don't get the same love in the text, the sculptors obviously felt more comfortable producing Cold One cavalry for those lines. I've seen but a single mounted Lizardman model from the older ranges & I'd wager no others were produced until the 5th ed+ plastic ugliness.

After sizing up suitable mates, I found these two lovers separated from destiny by an ungainly bit of lead.

Anything is possible with decent tools & some surgical hacking. Greenstuff next. ;)

Attachments

• DA PROOF.JPG
    DA PROOF.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 1,045
  • LIZ-LUV.JPG
    LIZ-LUV.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,045
  • LIZ-MNTED.JPG
    LIZ-MNTED.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,045

Naagruz

Love this shaman. Great stand-in for a necromancer with that sizable skull collection.

Lustrian flavored flunkies. Considering their altitude, there can't be anything worse than a pygmy zombie infestation. :shock:
To the right:

To the left:

Attachments

• SHAMAN.JPG
    SHAMAN.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 971
  • SWAMPYDED.JPG
    SWAMPYDED.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 971
  • SWAMPYDED2.JPG
    SWAMPYDED2.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 971

Selkie

That lizardman and cold one look like they were made for each other, I don't envy you having to remove that solid base though... ;)

Naagruz

Random dilemma of a heady nature. Who gets the "boss" spot at the center of the chaos beastie?
Friendly prehistoric toothmonger?

Or will it be the black goat of the woods? The snarky expression does project a commanding aura & goats are inherently sinister.

Attachments

• CM1_Sabre.JPG
    CM1_Sabre.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 920
  • CM1_Bleat.JPG
    CM1_Bleat.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 920

Padre

Did you just convert the pygmy zombies from non-un-dead pygmies. Or were they from a zombie pygmy range? (I ask out of mere curiosity, because let's face it, what kind of mad man would collect an army of pygmies?)

Naagruz

@Padre, It was a conversion. The model itself was a recast with some nasty mold lines & pitting, so I thought I'd make the best of a bad situation. I have about 5 more that are in a similar state & awaiting converting.

Padre":1jftcq3o said:
Did you just convert the pygmy zombies from non-un-dead pygmies. Or were they from a zombie pygmy range? (I ask out of mere curiosity, because let's face it, what kind of mad man would collect an army of pygmies?)

Um....I would.

Padre

theottovonbismark":1ccb0xxi said:
Padre":1ccb0xxi said:

Um....I would.

:grin: I was being disingenuous in a silly sort of way. Several people on this forum will know what I mean.

Naagruz

Working on another dead guy for some old lead Zsdul retinue. Zsdul who? ;)

Attachments

• DED-MEN.JPG
    DED-MEN.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,003

ardyer

I love the way that model's head is cocked to the side at such an unnatural angle. He's setting up to look real good, can't wait to see him finished!

Naagruz

Thanks for the compliments! :grin: With any luck (i.e. can I dodge the honeydoo list this weekend) I'll get the deadman done.

Pygmy PiP:

Lots more blending to do before the blood & goop show up.

Attachments

• ZOM-PYG1.JPG
    ZOM-PYG1.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 928

Blue in VT

Nice little fella there...do you have a decent collection of Pygmies? I just got ahold of 6...never owned any before...trying to resist the urge to get more... :lol:

Cheers,

Blue

Naagruz

Blue in VT":3c6el48r said:
Nice little fella there...do you have a decent collection of Pygmies? I just got ahold of 6...never owned any before...trying to resist the urge to get more... :lol:

Cheers,

Blue
Think I have about 6 total as well. I had picked them up originally because I fondly remember playing the WFRP Hanging Gardens of Bab-elonn scenario with halfling stand-ins. While the ones I got off eBay were recasts, it's really tempting to search out an army of the inappropriately cartoony buggers.
Don't get sucked in Blue! Next thing you know, you'll be tracking down Slann to go with them! :grin:

Wow , love this thread!!
Very nice models and painting! Also , I've turned into a fan of that round lipped bases for my "old school" minis , they look far better than with the squares.

Oh , another thing ....paint that Chimera man!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back