Junes Fun Painting Challenge - Final Round up on page 23

Fimm McCool

Re: Junes Fun Painting Challenge

We could buy Chico a tripod, daylight lamp and suggest he uses the timer on his camera and maybe the problem would be sorted for half the price of a decent camera... :grin:

Chico

Fianna Fimm/Dirach:

qb25.jpg

d475.jpg

d4le.jpg

yhfe.jpg

Just John

Great Holy Shit on a Stick you paint fast Ardyer :grin:

Not content with those 5 he has added a new bunch of slayers to the challenge (I suppose to give the rest of us a chance) which can be seen in the 1st post.

Grumdril

I've a nasty feeling I've put the least paint weight on my unit this week. Certainly less than Ardyer! Nice work on those btw - how's the snow made?

Metal undercoated and first colour coat on five of them, and flesh on the first two goblins. They'll be proper goblin green (or at least the Vallejo version) when finished by the way.

warband-wk2.jpg

And a closeup of the painted ones.

warband-wk2-closeup.jpg

Chico

Update from the Chico Cave, no pictures just a running progress. So far 4 out of 6 Fianna Fimm are fully based, sprayed and converted of which 2 of those are 100% finished, another 2 still in the post. 13 out of 24 Fimm Warriors are fully based, sprayed and converted of which 4 are now 100% finished, 11 of which are still in the post.

Not bad if i do say myself for the first week of the Challenge.

Asslessman

Well things haven't been what I expected so I'm a bit late on the schedule I had planned. WE was busy getting my first Kyu in Kendo though so I can't say I haven't done a thing....

Where am I up to?

- eveything based and primed
- everything zentithal sprayed with grey
- Terminator lord and squat champion highlighted

What to do next :

- finish highlights on everyone
- dip everyone in black+ matt medium + water mix to darken everything
- special parts (flesh, bone, fur,...)
- metals
- details
- varnish

Since I can't manage to upload a photo here, I've put them on my blog on a dedicated section : http://leadplague.blogspot.fr/p/whats-coming-next.html
sorry about that, I'll sort this whenever I have time to understand why it won't upload.

Some of us have really taken the lead with both speed and quality, must catch up, must catch up,

Fimm McCool

I've glued my Termies back together and filled some gaps with some green. Alas my undercoat spray has run out so no more progress until I get a new one. Boo.

Just John

I've managed to paint the flesh on my orcs as well as some of the armour - progress, maybe not as much as I would've liked but more than in the last 20 years so I'm happy.

Thantsants

The Norse are now undercoated in grey, drybrushed white and had a watery black ink wash. I've also assembled the Dragon head standard and now need to eat spag bol all week to get hold of some of the foil from the tomato pure tube for the actual flag.

I had hoped to get a little more done - flesh bits at least - but sadly not this weekend. Full steam ahead for this week though :grin:

Attilla13

Darn, just found this tonight. Well, I'll have a unit hopefully done by the deadline, but they are just white right now....so I will try to get started on some Orcs! Now I know why I keep seeing Chico's pics on the facebook page! Know it is too late to join, but will be watching and grateful to find this. Really love the models, and can't wait to see the results!

zedmeister

I have to report, shamefully, that my Gobbo's have been primed. And that's it. I'll make an effort this week to at least get some base coats on them.

Just John

Its not too late to join Attilla - pm the photos to me and I'll upload them to the first post. Progress is being made people so keep at it :grin:

Chico

Pictures!, some are ok too!

2 Finna Fimm:

ugf9.jpg

tjos.jpg

oq7d.jpg

utfi.jpg

2 More Fimm Warriors:

835r.jpg

h3gy.jpg

0ppo.jpg

maqq.jpg

Attilla13

OK, really cool! Here are the photos - sorry, I don't have a good camera!

One unit of Crooked Eye Orcs! The old Ruglud's box set. When I decided to get off my duff and create new Oldhammer armies, I decided to work on Orcs and then my undead. I've been looking for my figures in my storage units - and have the beginnings of a good one!

Thanks

Attilla13

942613_10200704071541472_1296086814_n.jpg

1013719_10200704071341467_591835230_n.jpg

1003657_10200704071621474_1178174074_n.jpg

Thantsants

All these Regiments of Renown are making me wish I'd entered Karnac's Lizardmen Raiders!

Ah well - next time...

Chico

Sadness, no painting for me for awhile as my painting lamp just went boom :( Hopefully should get a new one at the weekend if i have the funds spare.

Back