harrowing in the north

twisted moon

not a wargames show, but i hope you'll forgive me.

an acquaintance of mine on the nordic weasel games discord server (https://discord.gg/vFVmE59, all being well), private no-one really, is proposing to organise a wfrp convention in sheffield. the current suggested date is saturday 26th october.
here's the inaugural post from the harrowing-in-the-north channel:

This is the channel in which we shall organise a Warhammer Fantasy Role Play day here in glorious Sheffield.

Sheffield has been chosen because I live here, I want you all to visit, I can probably find us somewhere cheap... and because if I'm organising this I want it near my house
1f609.svg

Proposed month is October because this is far enough away for folk to get organised, and the word to get out.
@Triffid (28mm (+4/-3)), @Hambut West -Joke Reanimator, @twisted moon this is partly also your fault so as with Ferret Con your encouragement, and attendance, would be very much welcome.

if you're interested, either visit the discord or pm me your e-mail address to pass to private no-one really so he can keep you informed of developments.
hope to see you there.

EricF

Administrator
Sounds interesting. Although our house is often a bit manic getting ready for Halloween at that time of year, graveyards to build/dig in the drive etc :)

Any information on what they had in mind for the event - just games, or some traders, etc?

twisted moon

i don't really know, but i imagine just games, unless some traders approach him and the venue is willing to oblige. i do know private no-one really is keen to have a variety of games in the warhammer spirit - he has specifically mentioned zweihander (which i ran once at timcon) and warlock (with which i am not familiar).
he seems to organise quite a few events, usually (if not always) at crookes social club. i went to ferretcon 23.3 in november, which was an event for nordic weasil games rules. from talking to him then i got the impression he ran events for two fat lardies and possibly turnip28.

Padre

If it's games in the spirit of Warhammer, I have some tried and tested (psuedo) historical scenarios that employ the first ed WFRP rules. I would love to run one or two of those again. Mid seventeenth century madness, and late seventeenth century naughtiness.

twisted moon

sounds good to me. run your ideas past the nwg discord server.
i've just heard the date has been confirmed as sunday 27th october.

Back