Grenja's Chaos Cult of Dambala

Ketil Trout

So much great stuff here, troubled to hear that even the man mangler cannot keep the foul incursions of chaos at bay. The orcs shall be better prepared next time. War altar looking spectacular already, shall be a sight to behold when finished. Lovely stuff

Thank you very much Ketil Trout! Grenja has not been idle. From his cave deep in the swamps he plans his fresh assault upon the Slann, waiting for their attention to turn to the ever growing threat of Dwarves to the North East and Orcs to the North before striking. He has now recruited a Hobgoblin Rocket Launcher, just painted. This he also plans to use against the Orcs in the future . Having located their camp he will rocket assault the Wyverns before they have time to take off.

Attachments

• hobgob3.jpg
    hobgob3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,193
  • hobgob2.jpg
    hobgob2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,193
  • hobgob1.jpg
    hobgob1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,193
Thank you Inchmurin ! I painted some more Hobgoblins as allies of Grenja but shall post later. Grenja has not beed idle...An Asgard/Viking Forge "Knight of Chaos on Horse" has been recruited to command the cavalry.

Attachments

• grenja3.jpg
    grenja3.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 786
  • grenja2.jpg
    grenja2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 786
  • grenja1.jpg
    grenja1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 786
and also from Asgard / Viking Forge a "Chaos Archer" arrived to command the Thugs with bows unit, and a "Dragon Lizard Attacking" who will join the unit of Snake Lizard Creatures proxy Snake Cult Minotaurs. Thanks for looking. More to update but for now Grenja must rest.

Attachments

• grenja6.jpg
    grenja6.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 785
  • grenja5.jpg
    grenja5.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 785
  • grenja4.jpg
    grenja4.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 785

symphonicpoet

^^^Hey, that statue frog has what looks an awful lot like a laser! Is that an ancient alien space frog sneaking around building all the frog pyramids because the modern frogs surely couldn't have done it?

Great stuff as always. :)

Thank you all! As mentioned on Slann thread here some progress on Grenja Hobgoblin Ally force. Still thinking about which proxys to use to get enough for a large unit and small force. Here for example, standard bearer is Gnar the Mutant Goblin by Lund who seemed to fit well the crossover between Grenja and Hobgoblin. One Orc from Scotia Grendel in third photo , mostly included as way to sneak in a Marauder Halfling, as Halfling Lustrian Militia is growing in numbers.

Attachments

• Hobgob3.jpg
    Hobgob3.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 558
  • Hobgob2.jpg
    Hobgob2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 558
  • Hobgob1.jpg
    Hobgob1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 558
and i painted a Scotia Grendel terrain piece, i think from the Goblin Outpost set? to use as a Hobgoblin Trophy Fetish Sacrifice Altar, here being defended against a See 30 Amazon Ambush. Hopefully more progress soon. Though currently painting more Slann terrain.

Attachments

• Hobgob4.jpg
    Hobgob4.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 557

Old Hob

Stunning as always. I'm a big fan of the Lustrian world you've been building, with that gorgeous colour pallet tying everything together. This is probably the most unique take on the old hobgobs I've seen, and it really works.

RE: proxies. Maybe worth having a look at the old Grenadier lines. They're a mixed bag, but there are some hidden gems. Maybe the Lund Eastern Hobgoblins or the Copplestone Half-Orcs would work aesthetically?

https://www.mirliton.it/fantasy-25-28mm ... er-classic

Thank you all! Indeed Old Hob, some Lund Hobgoblins arrived here from Mirliton and are now painted, but not many in updates shown here, and from Midlam Miniatures also came many recruits. Meanwhile Grenja´s Hobgoblin Allies continue to mass on the borders of the Slann Kingdom, with small cross border raids already beginning. Although the Hobgoblins recent debut allied to Ketil Skins Greenskins, in the Great Campaign of the North, vs Slann involved them arriving on a random table edge late in the last battle, the Rocket Launcher attempted to shoot Cold One Riders missfired and exploded, killing all the crew which caused the rest of the Hobgoblins to panic off the field. Here some more Citadel ones including Hound Master with Hobhound...

Attachments

• grenja3..jpg
    grenja3..jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 392
  • grenja2.jpg
    grenja2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 392
  • grenja1.jpg
    grenja1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 392
and here some of the Midlam Miniatures Hobgoblins together with one of the painted Lund ones and a photo of the raiding party afew weeks ago before more were painted...Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee , alas , the photo files are slightly too large to be allowed to upload. I shall investigate this and attempt again later...

Plaiecivile

I am still a big fan of your work, keep it up!

Tell me, do you happen to have battle reports in this setup?

You could almost do a comic strip out of these...

Thankyou Plaiceville! yes there should be some battle reports in the Battle Report section, but its been a while and not too often, the last was one Slann vs Chaos , last year. Hopefully i managed now to resize the next three photos.

Attachments

• grenja7..jpg
    grenja7..jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 380
  • grenja6.jpg
    grenja6.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 380
  • grenja5..jpg
    grenja5..jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 380
And finally, another standard bearer done, attached to a Midlam Miniatures Hobgoblin , a close up of the Archers from Midlam ambushing the Bizaza / Katsina Jaguar Warrior and from Mirilton/Grenadier "Stone Idol of the Amazons" to use as a Hobgoblin Idol, or unit filler or as an animated statue/shrine or just as scenery for specific scenarios. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• grenja9..jpg
    grenja9..jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 378
  • grenja11.jpg
    grenja11.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 378
  • grenja8..jpg
    grenja8..jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 378
Back