• Welcome to the Golden Gobbo painting competition. If you'd like to read some of the ancient history you can on the Realm of Chaos 80s blog.

This competition is held some years and you'll find threads here describing how to enter and when the competition is running (typically after BOYL each year).

Other than the fame and wonderment of your peers there is often a prize kindly donated and you'll have the wonder of being awarded badges for your profile here.

GG 2021 GG2021 Vote

Cast your vote for your favourite GG21 entry

• Squiggy Stardust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Standin' in the Shadows

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Prodsaloatl

• The Unexpected Morley

• Halfling Ranger

• Moo

• Doomwheel

• Heer Toaday

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Scrutbag da Bone Wiz

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Ruglud's Armoured Mate

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • The Miniature with No Name

• Dew-greuvow

• Total voters

Sneekid

Thanks for a great contest - such a variety of awesome contributions. I'm very happy to have joined for the first time, and honoured by the shared win! Full respect to my co-winner for a wonderful entry - and fun to see how our two entries represent very different Oldhammer styles. Tex's a classic, smooth "original" Oldhammer mini and paintjob, mine an unashamedly Red Period, Herohammer colour explosion!

Tex

I could not have put it any better than this^^^
Amazing job, Sneekid: it could have gone both ways, but probably it's gone for the better, honouring - as you say - polar opposite, but equally historically significant oldhammer styles 8-)

Tex

Thank you, guys! Very proud of this achievement and really pleased I got it with one of my all time favourite minis.

Sleepysod

Can I just say a big thank you to Fimm for organising - a magnificent ‘trophy’ arrived just now in the post for 2nd place (or in fact 3rd place behind the joint winners). Truly awesome and has made my day. Will take a photo and post here.

Tex

Oh, my :o those are VERY awesome prizes!! Can't wait to get mine!! (Btw, Italian customs are being terrible with all things coming from UK: in the last two days I received some plastic bits I ordered at the beginning of November!)

Fimm McCool

Yes, I suspect the overseas trophies may take a little longer...
Just a little token. That chappie is part of the Dark Eye (DSA) range from Ral Partha Europe. I felt he might complement your Cursed City old-school-style project.
The goblin trophy is a Hinchliffe figure now available from Broadsword Miniatures (http://broadswordsandbeasts.blogspot.com/) with a Troll Soup spare head.
John Blanch artwork used naughtily without his permission but I am sure he won't mind. :grin:

Tex

IMG-20220314-123720.jpg

Best monday morning since...I can remember, really! :grin:

Can't thank Fimm Mc Cool enough for the amazing trophy and prizes! 3 goblin and an orc shaman from The Woods range by Oakbound Studio...truly awesome minis!

Rodor

Congratulations to all the winners for the awards received.
We hope that the new miniatures will soon be in the pipeline on your painting desk!

Sleepysod

I’ve not posted any images for a while, my oldhammer output has slowed a bit during the last few months as I’ve been picking up other projects, making some scenery and general just working.

Nevertheless I have finally gotten around to painting the necromancer/wizard that I was gifted. Here he is along with a number of C17 skellingtons - progress on my alternative oldhammer model set for “Cursed City”.

Lestodante

Very late but I cast my vote on "Heer Toaday". It took a while for me to realize how the model was named in the contest :lol:
I've been after for that Wu-Jen model for a lot and the painting is clean and I love th ecolors used. So my vote is for him.

Back