Epicsatsuma' s Orks

epicsatsuma

Hi.
For a few years now, I've taken part in the Old World Army Challenge (OWAC) and next year is no exception.
For those who don't know, it's a challenge to paint 1000 points of sweet old metal in 6months. Previous editions have seen me paint Imperial Dwarfs and the decidedly Middlehammer Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs.
This coming edition will see the new addition of 40k armies, and I've decided to throw my lot in with Da Boyz.
Needless to say, I've painted up a few units to test the paint scheme/laydown, so I thought I'd post them here in case I do any more before the official start in January 2021. Words and thoughts as I go, but the majority of stuff will be on the OWAC blog so as to not detract from that.

I'd like a place for all the models to be displayed together, in the likely event that I paint more of them before and after the Challenge, and this WIP thread is where it will be!

Hers a link to the OWAC for all that Oldhammer gold.
http://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.c ... e.html?m=1

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

epicsatsuma

Here, for interest is my Imperial Dwarf army. I wish I'd documented this all coming together, so hopefully this thread will go some way towards rectifying any future regrets with the orks!
9792557a52d89b450a2c70e7cbad206c.jpg

epicsatsuma

...and my Big Hats.

I did (have) got a lot of plans to add to these guys in the future!
dcb39e8a1f32d5d59743e790af085af7.jpg

epicsatsuma

A gobsmasha. Unfortunately, not traditionally made with cardboard, glue and glued skin, but made of resin by a nice guy called Sam Nash. Kudos to him.
a0fe296096a91944a84c30d94049b334.jpg
95d2867aec6876f303bdbe2316762fbb.jpg
e6d16dead6d0a73cbab2f31ea2a8cb0e.jpg
af0d23751b5acb89d8907f3d8cedbd4e.jpg

epicsatsuma

A Pulsa Rokkit

(I'm unhappy really with how this turned out, but never mind - the mantra is: finished, not perfect!)
8e770afc130ece9034f871872d449da3.jpg
1d2964e0b73feacb2edeb467efe2c145.jpg
7971c4de0b774885090639bc9773eabd.jpg

epicsatsuma

That sees everything painted to date.
On the table to paint are two more nobs, and I've just picked up a few gretchin to crew the Pulsa Rokkit.
I'd like to paint them up plus maybe some kind of vehicle before the end of November. Take a month off to refresh the batteries, and then attack the OWAC head on!

Undoubtedly there's a few models waiting to come out of the paint stripper, plus a few extras that I know won't be counted (such as snotlings etc) so to paint any of them before January would be some extra delicious gravy :)

Plaiecivile

Wow! That's a lot of dwarfs involved in the same thread!
You have assembled (and painted!) very cohesive armies, very interesting to look at the various models.

Now do you know what would be great? A battle report with those 2 dwarfs legions facing each other!

epicsatsuma

Ah, yes!
But ideally, the grand plan is to have the dwarfs face off against the greenskins (of which some are part of the chaos dwarf army). The rest are in my unpainted box(es) of shame...

epicsatsuma

Another ork nob joins the mob.
I was umming and ahhing over painting something on the shoulders, but chickened out. I'll try and do something more exciting with the captain who is next in line to see some paint!
80f8d6ebe0e5f96995d042ce77ea49c0.jpg

epicsatsuma

A runt appears. Maybe his watch is "wrong"....

Lots of detail could've been added - different color patches/toolbox wear and toolbox decoration but I've gone for keeping the motivation high and trying not to dwell too long on a single mini...
35083353734f71906dd4a19c1b2ee8d8.jpg

Back