Ebay ridiculousness

Blue in VT

Omg!!! That dwarf wizard is certainly my personal "nuln spearman!!" I never thought I would see one other than on the card...

Crazy times...

Cheers,

Blue

symphonicpoet

Geeze, if those are rare (and worth 50 . . . ponies is it?) I need to get cracking. I suspect I could find a source for quite a lot more in short order. Last I checked even Land Raiders weren't going for too much more than that. (I suppose there probably are, in fact, more Land Raiders. But still. The potential is there to reverse that.)

symphonicpoet

IS it glued together with white glue? There's something that looks funny about that picture. I can't quite decide if some of the stuff is artifacts, dirt on the lens, or pinhole bubbles in resin. In any case, not only is he asking too much for something that's not remotely rare, but it's not even a particularly good beaky. You'd have to spend real time cleaning it up. (If only for the glue.) Jeepers!

Fimm McCool

They were prone to breaking, as were the rats' tails and rack handles, a complete candle might well be a rarity... but not THAT rare! Imagine what one on the sprue would be worth?

Stormbringer":3r4yp9kf said:
I only need one Hero Quest candlestick to complete a project I'm working on.

And THIS sits here mocking me with its absurd price-tag...

It is insane, but to be fair, a copy of HQ i sold with complete candles did sell for nearly £40 more than a set just missing the flames...

symphonicpoet

Stormbringer":xd2yyvvo said:
You'll laugh when I reveal what I'm planning for my Hero Quest candles... ;)

I need a good laugh. Okay, fire away. Or wait . . . is that it? Cut the flame off, drill them, put fiber through them, add a little flame shaped acrylic bulb, and then light the fiber with a flickering LED under the desk or some such?

Back