[BOYL14 EVENT] The rogue trader quickening

Asslessman

Thanks everyone, if there's any little thing you wanet changed, feel free to ask, now the templates are done, it's quite simple.
On another hand i'm thinking about the relevance of "turn cards" since those can be turn cards as they are. For the skill cards, i've started building a template, they will be quite simple with the description of the bonus, a little silly quote and maybe a picture if I have a good one under hand. Backs will be the same but wilh a different rim just so we don't mix them.

Great work, they look just like the real thing! I did think that these were going to be used as the turn cards as well which would save you some work and also be a neat little mechanic.

Asslessman

I think it's best to use them as tunr cards.

I used some spare time during lunchbreak to print them and stick them on some thin cardboard, I'll have them plastified by tomorow and will show you some pics. Most of the preparation for the Quickening will be done from this point, it will just be about us getting confortable with the rules, finish some models but not much more. now is time to get ready on the confrontation game as well :grin:

cheetor

Asslessman":2dh56x65 said:
I used some spare time during lunchbreak to print them and stick them on some thin cardboard, I'll have them plastified by tomorow and will show you some pics. Most of the preparation for the Quickening will be done from this point, it will just be about us getting confortable with the rules, finish some models but not much more. now is time to get ready on the confrontation game as well :grin:

Im trying to keep a number of hobby balls in the air at the moment, one of them being a meet with a few of the rest of the O'Hammerers in a month. I have been planning to run the Quickening Scenario at that. It feels a little like cheating on y'all, but it will iron out any kinks in the scenario in advance of BOYL.

I am working on the scenario and associated card text this week. I will supply you with all of that once I have it done JB, but it might be worth waiting to print those elements out until after the O'Hammerer game, just in case some of it needs tweaking. Its up to you.

Asslessman

Ironing out the little problems is fine by me! Do not worry, I've just printed them because I'm worse than an impatient kid wiating for his candies, I've also only printed the players card just to be sure the result is what I expect. just stuck in some cardboard and with the round corners, they already feel good in hand (wouldn't last much longer than a game though).

cheetor

A second piece of Holy Ground. My BOYL suitcase is going to reach its capacity limit soon I think :)

honouredimperiumc1-e1403078335170.jpg

The marbling didnt work as well as it did on the Aquila, but its still more than adequate. Conceptually I dont think that this model fits terribly well in Ferrograd I think - a thematically appropriate ferrocrad marine statue would probably be defaced, vandalised and have pudding related comments and posters on its lower half I think. I also think that it would look cool that way, but it wouldnt suit the uses that I have for the model - but its available if we want it. A well maintained Marine statue in Ferrograds makes its own sort of sense too though. Even the scum sucking lowlifes in Ferrograd probably have a healthy respect for Astartes and wouldnt want to draw their ire.

honouredimperiumb1.jpg

The blog post is HERE for anyone interested.

Asslessman

I like the "from below" picture. It looks good. There are two ways to see the "clean aspect" of the statue. A damaged one would fit perfectly with the style of Ferrograd and would add to the post-apoc vibe of it. A pristine version though could simply be the sign of a very close Marine outpost monitoring any act of vandalism,...OR... maybe...there is someone in the shadows taking down whoever feels like desecrating this altar, someone immortal maybe who strongly believes the representation of his holy father are not to be treated lightly... the local scum may have become used to letting that piece of urban equipment alone to express their graphic talents and poster gluing skills on other surfaces...

antipixi

cheetor":3g9bi8da said:
The marbling didnt work as well as it did on the Aquila,....

Looks damn good to me!

I really like the view of the statue looking down over the Aquila. Excellent work.

Asslessman- could you post a bit of info about how you did those cards, they look fantastic & I'd like to do some up myself.

Cheers.

The statue looks great in that colour scheme Paul. Painting the weapons in bronze really works great to break up the marble effect, I think your colour interpretation of this model is the best I have seen. The dark marble colour really helps to mitigate against the needing to pee-ness :?: from the looks of the pictures. I like the way the weathering on the bronze ties in with the green marble.

I have to get the finger out for my Sensai band, to be built within the next 4 weeks, I have the parts in my head waiting to be chopped off various models and re-assembled with green stuff to bring forth my inner Clancey Browns. Have to clear the desk of current projects first though!

The cards look great JB!

Asslessman

Just in case, There will be another sensei in ned of a player ...

Optimus, about the cards :

I have the Combat cards so I took the most easy one to strat form which is Brother Solkun.
Using Gimp (which I terribly suck at) :
- I erased the central picture with the magic cissors and rendered it transparent
- I erased the stats
- I replaced the stats with necromunda ones (with resembling fonts since I didn't have the good ones)
- I added the text (name + description) making sure it looked the closest to the original and then erased the original text
- I added Mr Rab's BOYL logo in the upper right corner (had to remove the white part around)

After that I had a template to use on all caharacters
- just put th emodel picture below the other layers
- Just change the text

and you're done

There is a thread in the general discussion sub-forum where Zhu gave the fonts used. I had to use close but non-identical ones though.

If you want I can send you my template. you will see that I did this in a very unpro way (I basically learned while doing it and whould most probably do it better now) but it worked fine enough fo rthe purpose. Just PM me your email if you want it.

cheetor

antipixi":cdx1nsa6 said:
Looks damn good to me!

I really like the view of the statue looking down over the Aquila. Excellent work.

Thanks antipixi. Ramirez looksh forward to introdushing himshelf to your lady at the foot of thish shculpture, before acquainting her neck with hish blade ;)

theottovonbismark":cdx1nsa6 said:
The statue looks great in that colour scheme Paul. Painting the weapons in bronze really works great to break up the marble effect, I think your colour interpretation of this model is the best I have seen. The dark marble colour really helps to mitigate against the needing to pee-ness :?: from the looks of the pictures. I like the way the weathering on the bronze ties in with the green marble.

Thanks Seán. Yeah the verdigris and the marble do key off each other nicely. I prefer the aquila model to the statue (even though I like them both), but the weathered bronze makes the statue a cooler looking piece overall.

theottovonbismark":cdx1nsa6 said:
I have to get the finger out for my Sensai band, to be built within the next 4 weeks, I have the parts in my head waiting to be chopped off various models and re-assembled with green stuff to bring forth my inner Clancey Browns. Have to clear the desk of current projects first though!

Well, you know what I think. One of them can be bought off-the-peg and have its eyes changed with minimal effort, leaving you with more time to tackle the rest of your huge list. Not everything has to be sculpted from scratch, even if you are getting pretty handy at it :)

focusseanfocus.jpg

;)

Asslessman

OK, so we should have everything we need now, the scenario is even going to have a test run...

BUT, What would a quickening game be without quickenings?

Let me get this straight, FACTS :
- we expect 7 or 8 sensei to take part in that game
- There can be only one

The logical conclusion is that we should have betwen 6 and 7 quickenings. I will consider this game a personnal faliure if by the end of it, no glass window has exploded, no car alarm has been triggered, no explosion has occured or no lightning has struck a sensei...
To avoid this game to finish as a pathetic parody, I have thought of solutions. The ones I've had so far are cheap, easy and do not imply fo rus to break actual glass or explode anything during the game. I will keep my solutions secret for now (I don not want to spoil the fun for our spectators but any of you who thinks this part is just as important as the rest can PM me about it so we can share.

I believe this game just like the conforntation one will be the subject of battle reports or at least photos so let's have some decent ones to offer !

Asslessman

Just a few words to say I've edited the skill cards thanks to the info Cheetor kindly gave me, they are now printed and the game just needs a test run now. You'll get a picture of how it looks like in a couple of days if you're nice.

We can thank Cheetor a lot for his investment in this game.

Now I'm off to finish that lightning/explosion solution of mine...

antipixi

Asslessman":1plcnj7f said:
Just a few words to say I've edited the skill cards thanks to the info Cheetor kindly gave me, they are now printed and the game just needs a test run now. You'll get a picture of how it looks like in a couple of days if you're nice.

We can thank Cheetor a lot for his investment in this game.

Now I'm off to finish that lightning/explosion solution of mine...

JB, you absolute tease!

Asslessman

Oh really?

Nothing like a (virtual) teasing caress to empower you (hobby) mojo...

Maybe I should have mentionned the 7 gangers (including limited editions) I'm about to finish for the confrontation game.

antipixi

Asslessman":gp11glfo said:
Oh really?

Nothing like a (virtual) teasing caress to empower you (hobby) mojo...

Maybe I should have mentionned the 7 gangers (including limited editions) I'm about to finish for the confrontation game.

I've got flesh base colour and wash done on my gang of under give scum.

I've also finish a lacky for Lady Nkiruka. Photos later this evening.

Back