2023 Spot Color and Basing

symphonicpoet

Any thoughts on spot colors and basing? I'll ad them to the top of this tread as folks comment and then we can have another poll in . . . oh, let's say a week? Run it for a week or so maybe?

epicsatsuma

Hmm, how about yellow and turquoise as a starter for 10?
I'm easy to be persuaded otherwise :)

Sent from my FP4 using Tapatalk

ManicMan

naughty of archive to have that.. illgeal content... DVD boxset is cheap enough anyway (though they have STILL not officially released the pilot ¬_¬)

symphonicpoet

epicsatsuma":3smgvq1b said:
So... Kinda grimdark vibes :)
Gotta dig out that Agrax Earthshade.

I'm about ready to start the spot color poll, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to whether this is a suggestion. I don't personally use Citadel paints, so . . . is that a paint color you're suggesting, or do you just mean you need to use a wash or ink of some particular sort? Sorry for the ignorance. I started out using mostly Floquil enamels and I jumped straight from that to mostly craft acrylics.

epicsatsuma

symphonicpoet":dxe9inv6 said:
epicsatsuma":dxe9inv6 said:
So... Kinda grimdark vibes :)
Gotta dig out that Agrax Earthshade.

I'm about ready to start the spot color poll, but I'm at a bit of a loss as to whether this is a suggestion. I don't personally use Citadel paints, so . . . is that a paint color you're suggesting, or do you just mean you need to use a wash or ink of some particular sort? Sorry for the ignorance. I started out using mostly Floquil enamels and I jumped straight from that to mostly craft acrylics.
Ah, no it's just an aesthetic that usually requires lots of brown and black washes, of which Agrax is a common one.
So no - not a palette suggestion :)

symphonicpoet

I completely forgot to post a poll. Will do that post-haste. I think everyone's had time to make suggestions. And it looks like we have yellow and turquoise or black and purple. For the sake of variety I'll set it up as four individual colors allowing folks to vote for two. So we could get black and turquoise, say. Or bumblebees. More possibilities!

Back