The Enemy Within.

Harry

Thanks very much fellas.

No idea on how much time.

Most of this was done as part of a Tale of painters.
I was painting four different armies at the same time so each additional unit represents about a week of spare time. Faster than you think ... it is quite a simple scheme.

The green is Camo Green ... couple of very thin coats and then whilst the second coat is still wet I splodge on some goblin green, snot green, Dark angel green, scorched brown ... all very thin washes. I really blob it on without worring about it too much ... It all mixes and blends together on the mini I work so wet and so fast. The whole base green on a a whole unit only takes a few minutes and I am off to a cracking start. (see very first picture on thread).

mbh

Harry":1191vvhr said:
Dragon Ogres (finished except the swamp needs some more coats of gloss varnish).

img6900c.jpg

img6898w.jpg

img6899x.jpg

Could have/should have been braver with the conversions ... but could not bring myself to hack these up. The one arm swap I did was because I picked him up cheap missing an arm.

three :o

I had such trouble just finding one

Harry

One from back when they were made, two from e-bay. All picked up for less than £10 each.

Harry

:grin: Yes! That is a great spot. (You sad git).
It was the only arm I had that was the right size.

Erny

Harry":12a0qun3 said:

The hero quest community would be having heart attacks! Have you seen the price that set goes for these days?

It really works well.

ardyer

Erny":1661zkzc said:
Harry":1661zkzc said:

The hero quest community would be having heart attacks! Have you seen the price that set goes for these days?

It really works well.

Looked like the Battlemasters Ogre to me. Where they the same? We didn't get the Heroquest Ogre expansion in the states.

Chico

I could be wrong, but the Battlemasters and HQ Ogre share some parts which are the same (That arm used for example)

Erny

ardyer":35cpcsjz said:
Erny":35cpcsjz said:
Harry":35cpcsjz said:

It really works well.

Looked like the Battlemasters Ogre to me. Where they the same? We didn't get the Heroquest Ogre expansion in the states.

Yeah what did they do with Heroquest in the states? They went considerably off cannon!

ardyer

Erny":2menkpe1 said:
ardyer":2menkpe1 said:
Erny":2menkpe1 said:
Harry":2menkpe1 said:

It really works well.

Yeah what did they do with Heroquest in the states? They went considerably off cannon!

My understanding is that it was mostly just renaming some characters and the bizarre supplement releases of altering between the US and Europe. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Harry

So I painted up some Beastmen ... with Nurgle bases.

Some character types:

kiny.jpg

and the troops:

xrdd.jpg

These really are not bad as plastic goes:

jkcz.jpg

... and side by side with the classic metal:
I mean don't get me wrong I will take the metal every time but the Beastmen plastic kind of work with all mixed in together.

22xp.jpg

Harry

Took the excuse of a new unit to do a full army shot.

Men, beasts and deamons all together. Just as it should be!

8g20.jpg

yhj3.jpg

Back