Rogue Trader: Sensei Warband (added squat)

Soon I should receive 4 iron klaw space pirates and one citadel squat, spoil of a small swap I've done. Then I started to consider how use these miniatures, my initial idea was to paint them as cultists for my genestealer cult, but after a while I considered to create a small sensei warband too. I still had an incomplete chaos champion and it seem to be fine for a small conversion. Here what I've done. I was ispired to the classic citadel sensei miniature and later I find it fine as a Rogue trader version of the Blizzard Diablo: Archangel Tyrael. I'm not still sure if this will be the final version.

STA76243.JPG

TYRAEL.jpg

Re: Realm of Chaos: Sensei

Thanks, I've done some minor changes on the miniature, including a skull on the right round plate and some small "wings" over the round plates (updated the picture above). What do you think?

Re: Rogue Trader: Sensei

gosh.

that really is very good. i always wondered what a Sensai would look like and I think this is it!

Re: Rogue Trader: Sensei Tyrhael

Here I've painted my first eldar. Yes I never painted one, the two I painted when I was a teenager don't count. ;)
It will be one of the followers for my sensei warband. What do you think? I painted it with a biel-tan paint scheme. The white on the armor was really boring, if I will paint more eldars I will probably use a yellow (void watchers) or blue/yellow armor paint scheme.

index.php

index.php

Niibl

wow! That's a nice one. White is always a struggle so changing the colour scheme sounds like a cheap way out ;) -on the other hand, there are many nice Eldar schemes that could be explored and a mixture would be more fitting for such a motley crew.

Here the next follower for my sensei warband: a Redeemed Thousand Sons Chaos Renegade. I always liked the Thousand Sons background (in fact I will paint a Thousand Sons warband too). The Thousand Sons Chaos Renegade have seen the light of the Star child and now help the sensei. He repainted his armour with pre-heresy Thousand Sons paint scheme.

I'm considering if do some changes to the eldar paint scheme. He seem a common clean craftworld eldar than a rogue eldar that joined a sensei warband. However I'm not still sure about the changes to do. Maybe I should choose another eldar miniature too.

index.php

index.php

urion

Re: Rogue Trader: Sensei Warband (added Redeemed Chaos Reneg

I like the Thousand Son. The colors look pretty awesome. I'm not sure what to do about the colors on the Eldar. Maybe start by adding weathering?

urion":24ehanhs said:
I like the Thousand Son. The colors look pretty awesome. I'm not sure what to do about the colors on the Eldar. Maybe start by adding weathering?

I was considering to update the paint scheme of the eldar with a yellow mask, black eyes and yellow forearms, catachan green for arms and legs, the same green of the helm for the chest, black crest... and a broken red heart in the right pectoral as jodo kast ;)

tlc18-jodokast1.jpg

urion":2pmm9ovh said:
So...like a striking scorpion? :grin:

Ach! It's true, striking scorpions have a similar paint scheme :|
But it could be really nice for my eldar... what do you think?

urion

It could work. Also you could create a symbol for the group, the broken heart might work, to tie them together more. You could even have the symbol in a different color for each member, to go with their color scheme.

urion":3c3zhf1v said:
Much better. He's kick Kass!

Ouch, maybe change his name as Jod Khas :mrgreen:

This could be "The Fellowship of the Broken Hearts"

Sensei: Tyrhael
Redeemed Thousand Son Marines: Janus the penitent
Rogue Eldar: Jod Khas the exiled

symphonicpoet

Re: Rogue Trader: Sensei Warband (updated Rogue Eldar)

He looks great. I love the green and the depth to him. Very nice job.

Suber

Re: Rogue Trader: Sensei Warband (updated Rogue Eldar)

Wow, you got me there :shock: If it looked great before, now it's really cool! Damn nice greens there, thumbs up!

Back