Rogue Quest : Underhives and Uglies - level Twelve

Asslessman

12021847_10153004592216744_607996833_n.jpg

Hey all, Axiom and I have come with the idea to had some dungeon fun in the universe of Rogue trader/confrontation.

Just how cool would it be to have a bunch of characterful adventurers visiting gutters, abandoned bunkers or crashed spacecrafts to find old treasures while fighting weird creatures from space or beyond ? Our answer is "VERY"
So we've set this little project Rogue Quest to each paint a group of 6 adventurers based on the traditional DnD classes but adapted to the grim darkness of the far future. Every week will see another character coming with Axiom and myself posting one after the other.

I've had the honour of starting this exciting project so let me present the first character I made : the fighter.

I have based him on the marine scout Kev Adams modified for me at BOYL so I thought the model was the perfect one to start such a project !

DSC01454.JPG

DSC01458.JPG

You can learn more about this particular model in the associated blogpost HERE.

More posts every week with new characters and the questions about what rules to use will also arise so expect to see more !

urion

Re: Rogue Quest : Underhives and Uglies - level One

Wonderful. I think that is the best conversion I've seen of the old space marine scout.

symphonicpoet

Was that one of those awful plastic scouts? Well done! (Either way, well done.) Actually, that's quite similar to what I've been trying to do with my Tartarus Rim gang. And off and on for years. I have a group that's essentially the Lord of the Rings in space as well. (Don't ask where Mordor is. You don't want to know. Though maybe you can guess.) Roll play in the Oldhammer world is always lovely, and dungeon crawls in space? Can't go wrong.

Asslessman

Thanks you guys !
This was a metal scout, I wouldn't have had the same pleasure with an old plastic one I guess ^^'
Ince I've got a couple of things out of the way, I'll fully work on the rule matter to see what can be done, I want something easy to understand and play which delivers immediate fun, more elaborate dungeon bashing should be played as a real RPG in my view.

symphonicpoet

You could do worse than rif on the theme of Pulp Alley. Cheetor has used it to great effect, and I find it plays quickly, cleanly, and remarkably cinematically. It's not terribly "crunchy," but it does reward thoughtful play. And the initiative system is splendid. The one weakness would be a need for magic, but you could work that out, I expect.

http://pulpalley.com

There's bunches of reviews and battle reports floating around, including several from Cheetor:

https://sho3box.wordpress.com/tag/pulp-alley/

Several from sector six:

http://govgensectorsix.blogspot.com/sea ... lp%20Alley

And a couple of my own (including a useful "don't do it this way" oops grade write-up):

http://symphonicpoet.blogspot.com/searc ... lp%20Alley

Alternatively, I've used RT itself for a little dungeon crawling. It's never going to be a great role playing system, but it works well enough for a fast-paced, combat intensive game if you only have a few miniatures on the table. Not much for sneaking in there, though. I haven't tried it, but Necromunda might also.

axiom

Picking up the baton from Asslessman, it's my turn this week to start my Rogue Quest adventuring party. I've decided to go pretty old school and use an old Citadel pre-slotta Amazon as my Barbarian. She already totes a pistol, and space Amazons are established in the Rogue Trader canon, so I figured it's no stretch to include her in my party.

Barbarian%2B1.JPG

Barbarian%2B2.JPG

Although she lacks the obvious physical strength of the Barbarian class, I figured the fury and feral nature are well in evidence, so that's enough for me!

You can read more about Dy-ana over at my blog.

Re: Rogue Quest : Underhives and Uglies - level Two

Good start on the log. Great paintwork on quite nice miniatures. You've pulled off the fighter's armour patterns well!

Asslessman

Re: Rogue Quest : Underhives and Uglies - level Two

LEVEL 3 : THE WIZARD

This time after the fighter I've decided to go for the 2nd most iconic class of dungeoneers. I've decided to go for something off the road with a slight touch of the archetype just as a reminder. The model is obviously a Bob Olley (I think his style can be spotted amongst thousands).

DSC01601.JPG

The group is now 2 man strong !

DSC01603.JPG

Many more things to read and see about him in the associated blogpost HERE.

symphonicpoet

Re: Rogue Quest : Underhives and Uglies - level Three

Gorgeous job with that wizard. I'm struck by just how similar the poses are. I'd almost wonder if they were working off the same dolley if the legs weren't angled differently. Well done, sir. Well done. Can't wait to see who you pick next. :)

Asslessman

I had not realised how close the poses were before you pointed it out ! I guess it's because it's one of the poses taht don't prove to be a pain for casting but which still look better than the YMCA pose you can unfortunately find so often...
Thanks a lot guys !

symphonicpoet

The Olley fellow kind of has a low jazz hand move going on. What with his hypnotic eyes and gestures he could easily be dancing.

urion

I can see him about to do a pelvic thrust.

axiom

Another week, and another update - this time it's my turn with a squat rogue/thief: Jebediah Corbain

1.JPG

3.JPG

He's one of Citadel's old squat adventurers, painted up in traditional Western style! I sculpted the right arm and added a plastic Necromunda laspistol.

Squat%2BScenic.JPG

You can read more about him over at my blog.

Suber

Charming guy, I like how this one turned out. Surprisingly the restrained palette works perfectly; I would have unconsciously tried some flashy colours and the result wouldn't have been half nice. Well done!

Asslessman

Re: Rogue Quest : Underhives and Uglies - level Four

So we're already at level 5 of the Rogue Quest, this time, I wante dto go with one of my favourite (if not my favourite) classes : the paladin.

Lawful, shiny, gentle and a little poncy, the paladin is probably th emost predicatble character and yet I find him the most surprising when well played. What better option in Rogue Trader than to use a Space marine and since we're dwelling in the ROgue Trader side of things here, what better option than to use one of the iconic Naismith Marines ?

DSC01778.JPG

DSC01780.JPG

I've divided the model in 2 parts, one for fire and one for lightning to give an elemental look to him which hopefully ties him with the enchanted weapons and spells of traditional RPG.

More about him in the Blogpost HERE.

Back