Dr. Gostello's amazing intergalactic psycho-circus

riot

I do not know if I will be coming to BOYL 16 yet but I have got the bit between my teeth and made a start on my Circus anyway.

Here is my WIP.

P1140011.JPG

riot

Their from Foundry.

You only get 4 in the pack but if you contact them they can sort you out a complete set.

riot

goat major":23av1l8q said:
excellently painted

Thank you for the compliment but they are such nice sculpts they pretty much painted themselves.

goat major":23av1l8q said:
hope you keep them in a locked box at night :)

Funnily enough I now have a padlock on my display case ;)

riot

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Today I finished up another exhibit for Dr. Gostello's Psycho-circus.

Brother Beringei Graueri the cyber Gorilla!

P1140184.JPG

P1140183.JPG

P1140186.JPG

ape%2Bclose%2Bup.jpg

I have decided that Brother Beringei is a Space Marine from Necromunda. Unfortunately it was found he was actually agrophobic during basic training, due to living underground since birth and no amount of psycho surgery or facist indoctrination could cure him (this was influenced by the Gorilla in the dumbo parade reattaching his bar in the film!).

He was offered one last chance to redeem himself before he was mind wiped to become a servitor.

A volunteer was needed to infiltrate a rogue group of Jokaero currently plundering the 'radlands' of Newvada. Brother Beringei's personallity was to be transferred to a recently captured Jokaero and then he would be released into the Radlands to rejoin the rogue Jokaero troop. Unfortunately he was captured by Dr. Gostello while he was on a hunt for new exhibits and Brother Beringei is unable to communicate with his captors as Jokaero have no language causing its vocal cords to atrophy.

Considering the miniature is a Reaper polymer bones figure and cost less then £3 I am really happy with how it turned out :grin: . It's not as nice as the Reaper metal casts but at a third of the cost who cares?

Considering the miniature is a Reaper polymer bones figure and cost less then £3 I am really happy with how it turned out :grin: . It's not as nice as the Reaper metal casts but at a third of the cost who cares?

Exactly! IMO The Reaper Bones minis receive a disproportionate amount of flak. Considering their cost & the adequate amount of detail they show, I don't understand why some people gripe about them.

Anywho, enough of that, great paint job & back story to the gorilla. He'll be a formidable meat grinder on the tabletop :grin:

Skarsnik

optimus":3r6pm69o said:

Exactly! IMO The Reaper Bones minis receive a disproportionate amount of flak. Considering their cost & the adequate amount of detail they show, I don't understand why some people gripe about them.

Anywho, enough of that, great paint job & back story to the gorilla. He'll be a formidable meat grinder on the tabletop :grin:

I'd agree with the defence of the bones material to a degree. On human sized and smaller figures I find the detail is often severely lacking. However for ogre sized and bigger, I think it's great. As can be seen from the fantastic job on this big fella.

riot

nemo de st privat":3r9qkm4s said:
Congratulations , I love ;)

Thank you

frenchfever":3r9qkm4s said:
funny freaky minis, nicely painted :ugeek:

Thanks again

Wheeling Turn":3r9qkm4s said:
Very freaky models and a classic paintjob....love it.

Stop it I'm starting to blush :oops:

In all seriousness thank you for the positive feedback. It does help to keep me going.

Dr. Gostello could not help but give a smug little smile "Not so bloody 'Smart' now are you Billy!" he thought.

P1140261.JPG

"The night raid could not have gone better! Of course the new bullet holes will need some work with the polyfilla and the blood will need washing out the back, but now Billy will know to pay his gambling dept's when their due!"

P1140258.JPG

So here is Dr. Gostello's new 'Radlands' jalopy finally finished.

P1140262.JPG

P1140266.JPG

P1140268.JPG

P1140269.JPG

P1140270.JPG

P1140265.JPG

I am pleased I went REAL old skool at one stage and actually cannibalised a disposible pen top I had laying around on the desk to make the gattling gun / flamer turret.

The flamer is from a warmachine, Menoth, warjack which only lasted about 45 minutes in the hands of my son! I really like it's 1930's Buck rogers feel.

Thanks to Ramshackle games I will soon have this one kit bashed up and trundling through the Radlands!

P1140271.JPG

symphonicpoet

Better and better. I like where you're going with this. Ramshackle makes some great stuff, and it looks like you're going to put it to good use. :)

riot

Dr. Gostellos new exhibit. Brother Herq the strong man.

P1140300.JPG

Brother Herq had always been the sensitive type, fully embracing the majesty of the tea ceremony as much as the hours of practise with the power sword.

He knew the other initiates sniggered at him behind his back because of his love of composing Haiku poetry, but none dare insult him to his face because of his proficiency with the blade.

P1140296.JPG

Of course the Star Warriors had come to the temple. Of course he had been selected. Of course he had hated every second of it!

The shouting, the intolerence, the refusal to be reasonable. His Sensei had taught him to "be like water, to flow and adapt". The Marines had taught him to be like a ceramite block. To be inflexible, to smash and to destroy!

image%2B3.jpg

Thankfully the psycho-conditioning soon kicked in and eradicated any vestige of his former sensitivities.

That was until the 'battle of the deep caverns'. Brother Herq had volunteered to hold back the Ork horde so his Battle kin could escape from the botched mission. The truth was he wanted to die. He wanted to end the misery!

The cave-in had knocked him unconscious and killed his pursuers. Brother Herq had only been saved from being crushed by his power armour. Somehow the blow to the head had returned him to his former condition.

He escaped from the canyon, stripped from his power armour and never looked back.

P1140301.JPG

The trek through the 'Radlands' would have killed a lesser man but Herq was no 'lesser man'. He was picked up by Dr. Gostello several weeks later. Gostello recognised his potential immediately and recruited him as the circus strong man.

If Dr. Gostello has any inkling of Herq's previous occupation he's not letting on!

So here he is finally finished, Herq the Strong man.

I figured the singlet was the space Marines 'Black carapace', so really this fella is naked (?)!

I just stuck a dodgy big mustache on his face using some green stuff. Not the best disguise but it matches my silly mood at the moment.

Gave him some Nunchucks to fit in with the oriental vibe I gave his back story. Nunchicks were always considered 'peasant' weapons so also fitted in with his fall in status.

Over all happy with the overall feel of the conversion.

Now just need to order a 'Wolfman'. . . . Or maybe Dumbo next. . . . . or the 'Human cannon', heavy artillery!

Back