Hobgoblin Orange

tp_1983

I'm trying to assemble the equivalent of the Citadel Colours Paint Set and the Creatures Paint Set from Coat d'Arms. I've sorted most of the colours but am still trying to find the following:
Hobgoblin Orange
Orc Brown
Spearstaff Brown
Swamp Brown
Woodland Green
Worm Purple/
Does anyone know which colour from Coat d'Arms if any match these?

Alternatively does anyone have a Citadel Colours Set or Creatures Set for sale?

Anonymous

From what I remember.
The colours you want are from the first generation Citadel paints, in the round pots. These paint colours were changed and repackaged to the second generation Citadel paints in the hex pots. Coat d'Arms are the second generation paints.
The first generation Citadel paints were a bit hit and miss, the pot of hobgoblin orange I had was very thin and took about 20 coats to cover anything, when it was finished it wasn't worth the effort.
The paints you want have been out of production for more than 25 years, modern paint is far, far superior, just buy some orange paint and don't sweat it.

Zhu Bajie

tp_1983":c00qj3fb said:
Worm Purple

I'm not sure, but some of the new Forgeworld Airbrush paints look suspiciously familiar....

Chemos-Purple.jpg

or

Phoenician-Purple.jpg

perhaps?

tp_1983

Ah, but not all oranges were created equal. Generally I use what ever paints I think look awesome, however I've set my self a challenge to paint and base the ME series in an authentically 80s way. There are a lots of paints out there that look close, and I am not adverse to mixing a paint myself to match. However first I need some reference.

Back