Just enough Undead...

weazil

Again, a sudden redirection of interest suggests now is as good a time as any to post some pictures:

This is bulk of my little undead force (with friends) - there is a corpse cart and an ethereal and a skull chucker that is part of the thing too, but I'm at work and they're at home and I won't be able to get them out of storage because my daughter will eat them and my wife will be generally annoyed, which will probably be just enough to kick off the chaos theory that will lead to thermonuclear war, so we won't go there, shall we?

Lets just look at the pictures I do have:

all together now:
07+Stage+4.jpg

Reapers:
04+Grim+Reapers+Closeup.jpg

Skeletons:
06+Skeletons+Closeup.jpg

Zombies:
05+Zombies+Closeup.jpg

Chaos Dwarves:
08+Chaos+Dwarves+Closeup.jpg

Chico

As always with your painting there stunning, i so want an undead force but can't afford one :(

zedmeister

igirisujin":3mit1squ said:
I am tempted to get some undead after seeing these. Hhmmm, too much lead to collect.

I was thinking the same. This forum is too dangerous. I just want to start collecting piles of old lead!

Harry

Flippin' lovely them.
Loving the undead dwarves and the shields in the skellie unit ... but all lovely.

Who is that wizardy guy???

Heyer

zedmeister":3p4rbngs said:
igirisujin":3p4rbngs said:
I am tempted to get some undead after seeing these. Hhmmm, too much lead to collect.

I was thinking the same. This forum is too dangerous. I just want to start collecting piles of old lead!
Do it,do it,do it :grin: i have loads of lead please take them from my hands(but leave something to mantain the lead level) :mrgreen: .I allways thought that this undead squeletons are the best from GW,they have a cartoon feeling that i love,and thoes ones are really well painted,congratulations for that army.

weazil

Thanks chaps - nice to know they're appreciated. I like the cartoony sort of look too, which is why I went with the brighter and relatively 'cleaner' look - much cleaner than undead might need to be.

I'm not sure which wizardy chap you mean, but if you mean the necromancer in the middle (that has no close up...oops!), then that is in fact a chaos sorcerer on a 20mm base - Quel'lequek Mad'spell:

c20275rcchaossorcerors-00.jpg

Just John

Who's the wizardy guy in the 4th photo, hes on the right hand side of the unit. Lovely painting as usual.

Naagruz

What a great mix of lead dead!

Nice work on the painting & I especially like the zombies with the ADD Wight in the front rank. Thanks for sharing!

Oh lordy lord, will have to start an undead force now. Again. Aaaargh lovely minis must not visit this forum ever again this is getting too expensive!

Mr Saturday

Wonderful. Nothing gets me as excited as old school undead. Coupled with chaos dwarves, and I'm all a quiver. Great looking units, makes me want to get back to work on my 50 man old lead skeleton regiment. Only 48 to go!

Just John

vintagephreak":1454dn6x said:
Oh lordy lord, will have to start an undead force now. Again. Aaaargh lovely minis must not visit this forum ever again this is getting too expensive!

I decided when I started into this that I wasn't collecting undead - I was just going to use Mantic stuff for a small force. However, the more I see of the old lead painted the more I can feel my resolve weakening.

bug16

How did I miss this great thread?! Lovely models there with a great paintjob! Also good to see that Lich painted up! :) I've got a third variant of that model where he's got his head leaning all the way back like he's trying to catch bird poo in his mouth. ;)

Loving your zombies as well. :grin:

Edited to add: Ooh just noticed Krell in there as well. Very nice!

DaImp

Beautiful stuff there Gaj, always loved those lead skeletons. The whole lot is coming together really well and will look really great with a few more friends on the table... say in a battle report. Or something. ;)

Back