NEW Oldhammer Sculptures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I am testing my Photobucket image embedding procedure. I know it sounds silly, but I've avoided photobucket for quite some time.

Still experimenting....
Here are some images of upcoming items.
First is my rebuild of the Mk14 Bullock Jet Cycle. I insist that there was nothing wrong with the very first model from 1987, apart from it's size. Modelled smaller than most rider figures, it just couldn't be taken seriously. This rebuild brings it to a size that a rider can lean back in, and polish the chrome bits of his Space Hog with pride.

My second test image is of another upcoming possibility, Jes Goodwin's Mk1 Terminator Armor. Again, a squandered design. As usual, Jes' first drawing was the best. When is was subsequently sculpted in 1987, the finished model fell sadly short of the art. If we are lucky, we might see a single pose of this guy in metal. Currently Resin copies are only offered in small quantities, because the multiple molds are a bitch to cast.

Photobucket seems to be working out.

Here too, is something that seems to garner some popular interest...
Each month or so, I cast up a few of these for individual buyers. It is a heroic scale Dreadnought based on the original 2" tall model designed by Bob Naismith in 1988.

Also, a special project of mine, trying to make a convincingly Goodwin-esque "dangerous alien of unknown origin" figure. Still in progress.

I've also been perfecting my interpretation of the original Land Raider prototype seen in the debut rulebook from 1987. It was designated as a Hellfire Land raider. I've experimented with increasing the pattern to heroic scale, but lately, I've been going back to the original size indicated in the photographs. If I can manage it, I might make it a seven or eight part resin kit. Making the plasticard version for private buyers is just such a bitch. Especially the tracks and wheels.

Blue in VT

Looking good Drew! I'm
Glad the photobucket option is working for you. The Dred and the termie are superb and Id love a copy of each eventually!

Cheers,

Blue

Your dead right about the bullock, but I think -apart from it's size- one of the other problems was that it was designed to be used with the standard RBT01 SM, with the legs in the standing position, silly!

I bought one of these bikes recently, for the sole purpose to use as a reference. I'm going to kitbash a bullock. One of the first things I'll do is to modify the legs of the plaky marines to be in a seating position. Then I'll make the bike to fit the legs.

Lastly, for those of us that don't do Facebook, could you post up the details of how we can go about purchasing your kits/minis?

I'd be interested in the Land Raider & the robot.

Cheers.

optimus":2us17btm said:
Your dead right about the bullock, but I think -apart from it's size- one of the other problems was that it was designed to be used with the standard RBT01 SM, with the legs in the standing position, silly!

I bought one of these bikes recently, for the sole purpose to use as a reference. I'm going to kitbash a bullock. One of the first things I'll do is to modify the legs of the plaky marines to be in a seating position. Then I'll make the bike to fit the legs.

Lastly, for those of us that don't do Facebook, could you post up the details of how we can go about purchasing your kits/minis?

I'd be interested in the Land Raider & the robot.

Cheers.

Such matter will sooner be explained here than on Facebook. But for now let us just see how Imperial Battle Robot works out. We have over 100 buyers, some of which are collecting full maniples. SO first things first...

Zhu Bajie

#5 looks like the the Paladin Class Imperial Knight. The original version of this:
latest

Nice stuff.

Where in the world are you Drew?

cheetor

Drew Williams":1zrdydbk said:
Fairly soon I will be messaging people for their cost to pay me via Paypal. Most seem acquainted with the Paypal service and many had requested invoices. But if I do Paypal invoicing, it would have to be consistent with all parties. Another entry for each buyer to supply; their email. It is possible for buyers to use Paypal with only knowing MY address however. What are the general opinions on this point?

I would expect that most people who contacted you about the Battle Robot sale via Facebook would have supplied their Paypal associated email address in the request. I know that I did.

I would suggest that the easiest approach would be for you to provide your Paypal email address when letting the parties know the cost of shipping. Invoicing everyone separately via Paypal just provides extra work for you.

Zhu Bajie":1zrdydbk said:
#5 looks like the the Paladin Class Imperial Knight.
Yep, very much the classic Imperial Knight design from the original Epic article, Andy Chambers first WD piece IIRC. Interestingly, much more of the background and feel of that article remained in the Imperial Knight Codex released last year than I expected would, which appealed to my nostalgia.

EDIT: I am wrong, its the guy with the melta weapon painted as a House Beaumaris "Lord" in this image. Slightly less classic that the model sown as "Knight with campaign banner" in the image in my opinion, but a great looking knight design.

knighthouses.jpg

I would definitely be interested in a 28mm version of either, particularly if it scaled well with the modern Imperial Knight. Add an updated Towering Destroyer Eldar Knight to that priority list and we would have to talk :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back