Mr Saturday's collection of venerables

Mr Saturday

Judgement-Day_32.jpg

We head below city bottom this week to the undercity. A less well know denizen of the old cities are the werewolf packs. Dredd himself spent a little time running with the wolves during one of his undercity excursions during 'Cry of the Werewolf'. Originally caused by a convenient radioactive compound, the wolves are one of the many dangers lurking in the undercity.

dredd-werewolves.jpg

This particular fellow is an alpha, as he is enormous. The 'giant werewolf' from the Citadel Night Horrors range. He comes with a separate head, so some fur sculpting was required to give him a mane on the back of the head and neck. He also has his junk out. Fair enough.

I wanted to go a bit further than a grey or black wolf, so I tried a little patterning on this guy. I'm happy with how it turned out, making what could be quite a plain mini into something a little more interesting.

ootu2-600x436.jpg

The alpha, Prager, is the start of a group of unsavoury uncercity dwellers I'll be adding to over the next while.

Judgement-Day_32b.jpg

Subedai

Great job! I think that sculpt could easily end up looking bland if treated to just a basic paint job, but it really shines at its full potential with the treatment you've given it.

Mr Saturday

Thanks Subedai. The basing helped press the issue as well. I normally base all my sci-fi models on concrete urban style bases, the grey is a perfect neutral, but in this case it meant a monochrome werewolf would just have faded into the base.

i've got one of those werewolves in my bits box, minus head and feet. i know the feet have snapped off, but is it a one-piece model?

Naagruz

Loving the work you have done on the judges & that wolf is amazing. One of my least favorite Citadel sculpts, but you have made it look awesome! :grin:

Mr Saturday

FG_16.jpg

Well, here's what I've been up to, a deadite Frostgrave warband. It still need a couple of guys, a bard, templar and maybe another crossbow, but for now, that's it done!

Subedai

Very nice collection and paint jobs! That's probably the best I have seen Bob Olley skeletons done, it's renewed my interest in them.

Mr Saturday

Thanks Subedai. They are wonderful models to paint. They can be a little challenging if there's lots of cloth or similar texture, but utterly worth the effort. They ooze character. I have a big tub full of them, I want to look for a suitable treasure hunter and templar to add next.

Back