Mr Saturday's collection of venerables

Mr Saturday

True. I fancy the demons the fimir summon and ally with would be all shapes and sizes, not necessarily sharing any physical attributes with the fimir. Just not anything like the demons of the four powers.

Mr Saturday

Finally, dirach Grunsgul is finished. I went with the little scroll carrier in the end, with some more books and scrolls on the plinth to make him look like he's managing Grunsgul's library.

The next time I start a base extender I'm going to keep it simple.

Fimir_64.jpg

Fimir_65.jpg

Base extender is a very good idea, I'm going to use it myself :razz:

Your Fimir paintjobs have good colours and it all fits nicely together.

cheetor

Thats fantastic 8-)

Mr Saturday":1rgaja7f said:
The next time I start a base extender I'm going to keep it simple.

Out of curiosity, how many man hours do you reckon that piece took then?

cheetor

Mr Saturday":wfnhebl0 said:
Ooo...hmm. I would say about 15ish?

Barring the occasional eight hour weekend indulgence, thats about two weeks hobby time for me, roughly.

Which makes sense. Your results speak for themselves :)

Mr Saturday

Today, one of the dark brothers, Judge Fire. The dark judges remain my favourite Dredd villians by a mile. This is the Citadel version from the mid 80's. Small, but full of evil.

Judgement-Day_22a.jpg

I wanted Fire to look like a blackened corpse that's burning internally. Fire can be tricky to get right, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Lots of washes and glazes over a bright yellow base was the order of the day, including a white wash for recesses where the heat is most intense. I also painted some highlights on his body to give the impression of heat emanating from within, like a burning coal. This also served to guide the eye to areas that would be lost amongst the black. Fiery toenails for the win.

Genius! Fire looks perfect!

The Brian Bolland Dark Judges are what got me hooked on Dredd, not an easy feat for an American kid with no 2000AD to be found!

urion

All I know about Judge Dread is from the movies and the few comics I saw when I was younger, but I do know that I've always liked the Dark Judges. Those look pretty awesome.

Subedai

The Dark Judges are looking great, the fire effects are working very well. I have to remember your technique.

Mr Saturday

This week it's the Citadel Judge Fear. There's a bit of a dark judge vibe going on at the moment.

Judgement-Day_23.jpg

That brings me up to three of the old time dark judges. Pretty obvious who I'll be working on next.

Judgement-Day_23b.jpg

Mr Saturday

This week see the final addition to the dark judges, Deadworld's chief judge, Judge Death. He's probably my favourite Dredd villian, and he's dropped enough one liners over the years to show that he's definitely got more of a sense of humour in him than his brothers. It's probably the rictus grin. His recent outing in 'Dreams of Deadworld' portrays him in a much grimmer light, but still, he's ma boy.

Judgement-Day_26.jpg

This sculpt of Judge Death is TINY. He and his lieutenants are 25mm really, but it's still my favourite sculpt of the dark judge's leader. He was quite straightforward to paint, even if I kept finding parts of the model I'd missed sorting during cleanup. Nothing like taking a file to an almost painted mini. With Judge Death finished, that completes my dark judge project. I'll no doubt pick up the Mongoose spirit forms, and probably the Foundry versions too, but that's for another day. Next up I think it's time I took a crack at an actual judge. Judge Williams, to be precise. Bruce Campbell's block judge.

Judgement-Day_26b.jpg

Back