Axiom's Miscellaneous Painted Stuff

axiom

Brats are rather passe these days - times move on and they're looking rather outmoded! What's needed is something a bit less garish and more elegant. With hats!

Here's the first member of a new Confrontation gang - Ash Wastes Nomads.
Nomad%2B1%2B(Angles).JPG

This guy is converted from a fantasy Dogs of War figure, with the removal of weapons and feet, and addition of new guns tech stuff and all important baggy trousers!
Nomad%2BComparison.JPG

More on the blog :)
http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/wasted-youth-first-ash-wastes-nomad.html

Dooz

Re: Wasted Youth: An Ash Wastes Nomad Project

Damn that looks good, well thought out and really nicely executed

craigm999

looks great - I've got a load of bits in a box destined for an Ash Wastes project at some point, this might just spur me on to get cracking with it!

axiom

Thanks guys :)

craigm999":2873q3dg said:
looks great - I've got a load of bits in a box destined for an Ash Wastes project at some point, this might just spur me on to get cracking with it!

Do it! Ash Waste Nomads are highly fashionable at the moment - all the cool kids are thinking about them ;)

Mostyn

Crickey, what a brilliant conversion. Greatest complement I can pay is that I thought it was some rare citadel sculpt based on the old dogs of war fighter. I couldn't hope to emulate the skill but can see how you've done most of the conversions but removing the arrows! That would take me ages only to result in a wrecked figure in the bin.

Painting is not to shabby either ;). Lovely stuff.

axiom

Thanks guys! It was definitely a conversion that developed as I went along...I kept adding bits and taking more bits off ;)

axiom

Finally, a second Nomad to hang around with the first!

Nomad%2B2.JPG

Nomads%2B(Nov%2B14).JPG

Lots of greenstuff added to 'Brains' from the old Last Chancers squad:
Nomad%2B2%2BConversion.JPG

More pics and commentary on my blogpost :)

Spevna

Brilliantly done. The paint scheme is great, the green stuff works so well too.

axiom

Thanks guys! The best tip I can give you with regard to sculpting is to get a couple of clay shapers. I use them all the time for blending, smoothing flat surfaces and creating folds and creases - it's made life so much easier than just using hard sculpting tools.

Orjetax

axiom":3r7mibb7 said:
Thanks OC :)

Classic westerns are the major influence for the next Ash Waste Nomad:

Nomad%2B4.JPG

Slightly less garish in his colour scheme (but still keeping the yellow!)

More pics and text on my blog:
http://magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/wasted-youth-nomad-with-no-name.html

I absolutely love the choices you've made here at every level.
Love the outfit. Love the color choices. Exactly captures the 'movie western' feel you allude to.

Asslessman

Don't ask me why but I'm on stats these days and I can't fail to notice the high represenattion of facial hair , fat bellies and gingers in this gang... or is just me used to other demographies :grin:

Back