Orc Big Uns - do I rebase them ?

Elfmaster

When I played warhammer 5/6th Edition - I played Orcs and Goblins - I sold the army to fund a Bretonnian army - that I never really did game with.

This was the unit I started to paint for my Orc and Gobbos - but as it was not finished - therefore did not get sold - a few years ago I dug them out when friends started playing SBH - I rebased them and added some dragon forge / confrontation figs to make a warband. The gaming group I play with suffer from being distracted with the latest bright and shiny game out and keeping moving into different gaming systems - they played Saga for a bit - so I dug out some Vikings and played that - now they play some silly spaceship game I have no interest in.

Now with the recent acquisition of a lot of precious old lead orc and gobbos - my dilemma do I rebase them again for warhammer ( would make a unit of 24 with the unpainted ones) - or find some replacement ones and keep my SBH warband .

The Boyz

IMG_4065.jpg

The Boss and some Boyz

IMG_4062.jpg

The Drummer - I started painting the Red Face thing on all the shields ( painted ones still to be located)

IMG_4061.jpg

Some Black Orcs and a Shaman - the characters

IMG_4059.jpg

The elf - I used as my Avator in my Elfmaster days :)

IMG_4060.jpg

Cheers Dave

Chico

I say no to rebasing, keep them as is. Just buy some more figures and use those for ya current needs... we all love an excuse for more figures heheh

Asslessman

We spend far enough time trying do do things so taking time to undo stuff is a frightening thought for me. Unbasing them just to have 8 more models in a unit is not worth it but that's just my opinion.

My 2 solutions would be :

- Continue to use them for skirmish as they are and get some more to fill your units (like Chico said)

-if you really want to use them , just make them a nice movement tray.

mbh

beautiful paint jobs

rebase though

I despise those round bases with that beveled edge.

Elfmaster

Thanks everyone for the replies

I am thinking they will stay on the round bases for now, and I will see if I can replace them.

Main reason is that I think this Orc and Gobbo army will be a different colour green - and painted better - and these orcs are possibly a bit too "modern" for my plans - preferring the old GW Orcs and Gobbos ( think Kev Adams style ) - so if I can get enough of the older ones these will not be needed.

I have started to make a list what I have - will work out what I need and start posting what I have to trade ( including a lot of 80's citadel figures ;) - that people in this group seem to like )

Thanks again Dave

Back