Tale of Four Gamers, Real Estate Edition

Hi,
I decided the best way to continue my Repanse de Lyonesse "4 Gamers" army was to do the same thing, only, with a CASTLE!

You can't easily fit a whole 28mm castle on a tabletop so I am going to make a section of a walled town or fort that abuts a table edge or two. The rest of the town is "offscreen".

I am going to paint one modular fortification, and one building, per installment, for a total of 6 installments. I won't space them out by a month this time though. I'll just post them as I go in more or less real time.

So to start a Renedra tower, and a chapel who's maker I can't recall right now. Both have a liftoff roof with a detailed interior room. You can also put units UNDER the tower to occupy the ground floor and see them through the portcullis. I put a pair of double doors on one side and a portcullis opposite it, so it can be a gatehouse in a town wall, or a standalone keep. I could also use to to fortify my bridge and river scenery, make it into a toll road or something. Anyone crossing the bridge would have to go through the gates. It doesn't have to be expensive to run a siege game!

02n4wRy.jpg

x212ELT.jpg

m1trDeH.jpg

8FBHzLX.jpg

Onward and upward. I have painted a section of town wall, and a small wattle shed with thatched roof. Because of how I assembled stuff, the wall section won't properly join to the keep/tower thingy from the last installment.

What I basically have now, is nicer plastic versions of the card buildings from the 5th edition boxed set! Plus a wall. Time to go buy more kits. The chapel from before will house my priest (wizard) from the Bretonnian army. The hut will house sheep, a pig, and maybe also a sheepdog or two. I'll redo the livestock bases to match the army soon. The livestock are good objective markers if nothing else.
M2dwSV1.jpg

Also I realized I didn't include figures in the interior pics I took last time. So here are new ones.

I imagine the priest sleeping on the wooden benches and otherwise basically living in the chapel.
SNjqYmu.jpg

Only one floor of the tower is accessible for figures: Defend the book!!! Behold! The best objective marker ever. This tower is/will be a solid story higher than my other walls/towers so the inhabitants can shoot over the outer walls, to have a layered defense. Pay no attention to the creepy Hummel face in the upper right.
5j9TzD9.jpg

Plaiecivile

You are up for a good start, nice effect so far!
...And I really like your critters, although I tried clicking on them but they did not explode... :mrgreen: (remember Warcraft?)

Just John":3askejyt said:
They look great. I didn't realise those buildings had detailed interiors.

Yes they do. It's what makes them a good value compared to the time it would take me to scratch build something. The little shed doesn't but it is only $6.

I think next is another wall section and a Renedra farmhouse. The Perry's did a great job adding value to that kit, it's $30 but it comes with fences and a chicken coop.

Picked up another one today, this is their "Townhouse". Which makes sense cause I am making a town. It is the same floor (and probably overall the same CAD skeleton) as my chapel. But it's two stories. It should look pretty nice with color. The next fortification is a surprise.

XQZE9vU.jpg

WKwyk10.jpg

Hd6FHKE.jpg

Inspired by the city of Alatheim, I went and added a fenced in yard to the current house. Since few real houses are ever perfectly rectangular, I added a basic porch. My daughter wants me to paint it as a haunted house. So I guess it'll be the lair of the local monstrosity or necromancer.

oPvGkhN.jpg

4FYExyp.jpg

Sleepysod

Tauntaun Scout":2yu4n11b said:
Yes they are. I was assembling my 28mm New Kingdom Egyptian army at the same time.

Have you got any Egyptian scenery? I picked up some cheap but effective plaster cast statues and pillars but am looking for. Few more recommendations

Sleepysod":eqshq5le said:
Tauntaun Scout":eqshq5le said:
Yes they are. I was assembling my 28mm New Kingdom Egyptian army at the same time.

Have you got any Egyptian scenery? I picked up some cheap but effective plaster cast statues and pillars but am looking for. Few more recommendations

No but I plan on scratch-building some.

Caradepato":fbv9woky said:
Let me know if you post those somewhere, I'd love to see them. Currently working on sumerian terrain for a friend.

I won't get to the them for awhile. I have the better part of 1,000 point army primed. I am priming like crazy before the weather turns bad. I've got 20 unarmed civilians, 20 state spearmen, 12 mercenary swordsmen, 12 mercenary archers, and 2 chariots.

Most of these are BTD but a few are Wargames Foundry. The BTD ones seem to be OOP so I will put in a big Wargames Foundry order to bulk out the chariotry and add a couple big regiments of 20 state archers.

This project is dragging. Unfortunately, my local dice saloon is all out of Renedra castle kits and only does UK orders once in awhile to save on shipping. Le sigh.

Back