Is this the scale?

Are these good refferences of scale for human, elf and goblin for Oldhammer miniatures, or ar they "too modern"?

Old-Figures.jpg

These are not Oldhammer figures in my view. The human is a Catachan and not really representative. They’re called mini Ogryns (40K speak for Ogres) in the fluff.

If you can give some idea of what you want references for, I’m sure we can help. If it’s for More sculpts for Mordheim, for example, I’ll gladly take some photos for you.

Citizen Sade":2ekk9icp said:
If it’s for More sculpts for Mordheim...

That's exactly what I was thinking about. I was thinking about what band I could do next or what mercenaries, but first I need figures as refferences.

FYI, GW didn’t release Orc and Goblin figures for Mordheim beyond a few casualties. Players mostly used plastic Warhammer 5th or 6th edition figures for the warbands.

I will take some photos of some Mordheim figures for you, but I’ll need a few days. You’ll notice a difference depending on the sculptor. The main sculptors for the initial Mordheim releases were the Perry Bros and Dave Andrews and their creations are quite different in heft. Gary Morley, Brian Nelson & Colin Dixon created some parts of the range and their styles are rather distinctive too.

Well, if we are talking about the Mordheim scale, then it might be 6th edition of Warhammer, and around, because that was the moment it was released, but I want the figures to fit with oldhammer, if possible.

Oldhammer means different things to different people. For me, it’s the glory days of slotta based figures from circa 1985 to 1989. Most of those figures are pretty small compared to modern figures or even Mordheim ones.

Some pictures, as promised, below. The grid is 10mm and the sculptor is in brackets.

Warhammer Dwarf (Colin Dixon?) versus Mordheim Dwarf Trollslayer (Colin Dixon), Sister of Sigmar (Gary Morley) & Possessed Brethren (Dave Andrews)

Warhammer Dwarf (Colin Dixon?) versus Mordheim Aenur the Elf (Brian Nelson) & Reiklander champion (Michael Perry)

Warhammer Dwarf (Colin Dixon?) versus Mordheim Reiklander young blood (Michael Perry) & Witch Hunter Captain (Dave Andrews)

Oldhammer Humans (credited to Trish Morrison 1985, Mark Copplestone 1987, Perry 1987) versus Mordheim Humans (Dave Andrews & Michael Perry)

Mordheim Elf (Brian Nelson) versus Oldhammer Elves (Aly Morrison 1986, Jes Goodwin 1985, Aly Morrison 1985/6)

You’re welcome.

sergus_miniatures":638gaig7 said:
I was thinking about what band I could do next or what mercenaries ...
Some of the official hired swords who’ll work for lots of the warbands might be a good idea to start with e.g. the pit fighter, the Ogre bodyguard and the warlock.

With regards to warbands, I’d go for one of the official ones that is hard to find suitable figures for elsewhere. Kislevites, for instance. Distinct individuals rather than uniform, regimented types and not too many guns would be nice.

Back