Chaos Squats

Orjetax

Re: Chaos Squats

I’ve added a trio of heavily mutated squats.

The exposed vertebrae are my favorite detail on the model.

42bc9b446c0e3141c777c584c067aa18.jpg

ffee6dedefbdf81b9b34c75fe23a2eee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific

Think these are probably some of the most unsettling and 'chaotic' armies I have ever seen - Squats or no! Great job.

Orjetax

Pacific":esu2witz said:
Think these are probably some of the most unsettling and 'chaotic' armies I have ever seen - Squats or no! Great job.

Thanks for these very kind comments. Especially edifying as this is my first sustained effort at painting a chaotic army.

A small update since my last post, here’s another from the psychic mutant scrunts range:

94ea8396cd3d858d4f3c9b4586a38746.jpg

d62cf4e5aceec669412d4e1fd543634b.jpg

dazza36

Looked through and loved it all its that simple ! Great figure painted brilliantly what more can you ask for.

Orjetax

dazza36":fowjz7jv said:
Looked through and loved it all its that simple ! Great figure painted brilliantly what more can you ask for.

Thanks for the nice feedback, Dazza and Tubehead.

I have now added a bioengineer and a couple more mutants.

705fd917a636060aa0710ce910b43dfe.jpg

Orjetax

“Congruity Knots are applied to humanoid ideas. Directly. By removing the upper part of the skull. [...] Congruity Knots must be FULLY APPLIED.

[...]

Congruity Knots cannot be used on Derro.
Congruity Knots have not been used on Derro.
Congruity Knots have not been applied to your brain.
Do not touch your skull.”

- quoted from Patrick Stewart’s False Machine blog.

47428b49603b834e966b6d74061f4bd1.jpg

05b5af89b7969c93db05e8405170629c.jpg

dda0b32b3a64ca478367ca45097579b6.jpg

symphonicpoet

^That's a lovely group of models and I will (halfheartedly) try to refrain from making puns about how many points they are or how serious the point of such a unit or what have you. That said, it nicely illustrates the love/hate relationship I have with pointing models. I truly truly love the dramatic pose. But man, can it be a problem when you have a half dozen or more you like and you want to use them all in the same scene.

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":3ikjvh5n said:
^That's a lovely group of models and I will (halfheartedly) try to refrain from making puns about how many points they are or how serious the point of such a unit or what have you. That said, it nicely illustrates the love/hate relationship I have with pointing models. I truly truly love the dramatic pose. But man, can it be a problem when you have a half dozen or more you like and you want to use them all in the same scene.
Yes, it’s very silly!

As I found with the champion, the pointing finger is easy to cut off and end up with a nicely closed hand for a close combat weapon.

And it’s easy to cut off the rifle and leave a nice pistol grip hand.

But! It’s not how I’d play them on the table so I didn’t do it.

Orjetax

Additions here — another psychic mutant scrunt to be my counts-as patriarch in second edition games, and another shot of of the big heads, now with their multi melta artillery piece.

775b60d51ad095e51d433ec969e2aff3.jpg

8bd4d069c35e45ade8470485f317ef33.jpg

d3f76eb6373b562a4f85629891931ce8.jpg

symphonicpoet

^Holy cow, that is a squat! I never would have realized that if you hadn't pointed it out. He's had enough "love" it's hard to recognize him anymore. Great work!

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":2mjtnava said:
^Holy cow, that is a squat! I never would have realized that if you hadn't pointed it out. He's had enough "love" it's hard to recognize him anymore. Great work!
Thanks!

If there’s one thing (chaos) squats love, it’s their (bio) engineering.

The Fat Git

The paint jobs and these models are awesome! I looked into the models but don't seem to be available at the Olley's armies website, do you know who, if anyone owns the rights to these?

Orjetax

The Fat Git":7racm76t said:
The paint jobs and these models are awesome! I looked into the models but don't seem to be available at the Olley's armies website, do you know who, if anyone owns the rights to these?
Thanks!

Yes. An unfortunate story — they and many other of his scrunt ranges were sold to a person in Australia, whose online handle is “Lupus” but who has not put them into production.

I https://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/soldranges.html

Back