Theatralics Dwarf Army

Theatralic

Thank you antipixi! I am really happy if people like what i am doing here as those litle Guys bring me a lot of Joy....and for the Dwarf Army...drop all your other Projects, dwarves are the Best :twisted:

But even dwarves need Friends and over Time I want to add more Races to my Units to spice up Things. I finished a Halfling which will fight alongside my Warriors. Brave little Bugger :grin:

dAvtAUD.jpg

Bane

Amazingly crisp painting style you have, it really brings out the character of these old classic sculpts. Particularly impressed with your metallics, great stuff!

Theatralic

Bane":1iygsg7m said:
Amazingly crisp painting style you have, it really brings out the character of these old classic sculpts. Particularly impressed with your metallics, great stuff!
theottovonbismark":1iygsg7m said:
Cool. Glad I stopped by to check out your updates cause they are great!

Thank you Gentleman,you are too kind, appologies for the late reply. I have been lazy for quite a while and real life took its toll.

I finished a small handful of Modells and I am back to working on my initial Army List.

Sadly just Handypics as I can`t find my Camera :/

RYMTcH8.jpg

I finished the Command Unit of my first Warrior Unit, I devided the big 40 Man Horde and I am painting Additions to make two Units of 30.

I also painted a Thane using the old Bugman Model. While I had planned to paint Belegar I decided to go with Bugman as he was way faster to paint and I will seldom use a Thane in my initial Games. He is mostly planned for small 500 Point Games.

HonOXo2.jpg

And I finally finished that 2nd Runesmith I had started ages ago.

AFIHeUK.jpg

I did cut corners on some Parts, especially the Metals :oops: . Still I am happy how they turned out.

I hope you like them :), glad to be back. Cheers!

Theatralic

Thanks so much Jonas, those Sculpts are lovely and funny, its great to bring them alive .

Gesendet von meinem KFSOWI mit Tapatalk

Spevna

While the older sculpts do indeed have lots of character and charm, your painting has added a warmth to them that brings out said character.

Great stuff.

THe picture of the posed dwarves, with all the lighting, is AMAZING! Can you describe what light you use, how you set them up etc? An un cropped image or photo of your set-up would be most appreciated. DOes the wizard have a light up crystal? Just really awesome.

Theatralic

Spevna":2vrdm0nn said:
While the older sculpts do indeed have lots of character and charm, your painting has added a warmth to them that brings out said character.

Great stuff.

Thank you so much Spevna, appreciate your kind Words!

ramshackle_curtis":2vrdm0nn said:
THe picture of the posed dwarves, with all the lighting, is AMAZING! Can you describe what light you use, how you set them up etc? An un cropped image or photo of your set-up would be most appreciated. DOes the wizard have a light up crystal? Just really awesome.

RgEYLv0.jpg

GJDROon.jpg

Oh thank you curtis (great shop and Models by the Way!) This one has been a Pain to be honest, but a labour of love. We took nearly hundred Pics and about one week ov Photoshop. I am sure there are easier and faster Ways but since it was the first Time around for me I had no clue.

We used three Lights ( I needed a Friend to help me wit all of this). One Flashlight from the Left, a Desklamp from the right with a green Warhammer 40K Template in Front of it to tint the Light. And a Desklamp from the bottom Front.

The Background was a Picture of the Blackforest from Google I think. After that it was a lot of Photoshop.We had to cut out the different Rows of Dwarves from Hand so we could change color hues and lighting manually and for each row on its own. Most Shadows and OSL you see is also painted from Hand (the Globe for example)and then we needed to Paint the Ground and Hide each Base using another Template of Landscape. I hope this describes it a bit.I know its sounds a bit fuzzy, my appologies.

I am not sure if I would do it again :lol: , it sounded so easy in my Head :roll: , but the Result is something I love.

Theatralic

8FCZa0q.jpg

Greetings, after ages of not doing any Hobby related I finally got back o painting Dwarves. I finished some Warriors and the Units ( started 4 Years ago :roll: ) are only missing two Models to be Tableready...getting there.

Let me know what you think :)

(appologies for the Handypics, too lazy to get out the camera and Tripod :| )

Nb8WP9q.jpg

MwwZYW5.jpg

x6eYfdR.jpg

Protist

Really nice dwarves and the 'mood' photos look seriously great. As an elf-aholic I should really be insulting them though :lol:

So you only need two more dwarves? That isn't too tall an order, hurry up and get them finished so we can see them!

Theatralic

Thanks a bunch Protist, coming from you that means a lot. Funnily I recently have gone through your Plog while looking for inspiration to Power through those Units, wasn`t logged in so didn`t post.. but MAN, your Stuff is as AWESOME as it gets! (Apart from incuding so many puny Elflings...).

Yeah, only two....afte rthat i can finaly start with the rest of the 20000 Points... :| ...My Name is T and I am addicted to Dwarves...

My name is Bluey, and I am also addicted to Dwarves. Perhaps we need a Dwarfaholics all-of-us thread.

Great work on these models, T. They are full of life and character - all the best things about dwarves.

Theatralic

Nice to meet you Bluey, glad to see another Believer :)

f5zZ4nt.jpg

Done, the last missing Warriors for now. I will add the missing Shield next week or so. I hope you like them. Let me know if you would like some Group Shots of everything together, I realize that I have bugged you with the Same Miniatures over and over again, but if there is interest I am happy to take out the proper Camera and deliver some "Army" Shots. I will take a break from Core Troops for now and paint some Heavy Hitters and Warmachines.

Theatralic

Appologies for the double Post, but since I posted some Groups Shots over on Lead-Adventure I decided to add them here as well. Slowly that Band of Drunkards is reaching fighting strength. While I took me way too long so far I am still intensly proud of them. I do think that there is a lot that I nee dto improve on but I think they look good on the Table.

Happy Easter to you all and Comments and Critique like allways more than welcome :)

GRavVlH.jpg

RngwhXe.jpg

ZHGUes8.jpg

JQLwFzj.jpg

5Q09LQu.jpg

FWP7HDS.jpg

fNzCKsV.jpg

jon_1066

Brilliant painting - lovely figures painted beautifully. But - who let the hobbit in? I can see why the beer is so heavily guarded now :)

DAGabriel

Real cool progress you made in the short (ähem) time I was away.
Now all these lovely Dawi only need to convert to the real and only Hashut.... :twisted:

Back