Some of my Chaos Conversions

I've been on a mission to recreate minis inspired by some of the pieces by John Blanche that as a kid I always wished were minis available off the shelf. Now i have the tools and improved technical skills I'm trying to do what I wanted to do as a 10yr old boy with limited tools and material understanding but with dreams and a love of the weird stuff Blanche was making back in the day.

I'll post a few of my minis - most of which have been made using exclusively 1980's and 1990's parts, or in some cases due to value of donor minis I;ve resorted to taking casts using blue stuff and pressing with milliput to keep the originals pure and undamaged.

1. A bunch of Chaos Renegade Terminators:-

Attachments

• Chaos Renegade Terminators.jpg
    Chaos Renegade Terminators.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 3,209

Micha

Great models, both in erms of conversion and painting; in fact thy look like some old Glamrock band from the 80s, which is very appropriate.

symphonicpoet

That may be the nicest batch of chaos terminators I've ever seen. I love the subtlety and humanity in all of them. Very nice indeed! :)

Thanks for the kind words guys. Glad you enjoyed. I'll add some more pics of conversions shortly. For now here's a recent pait job - and early Tony Ackland sculpt 'TA-08 Gigantic Daemon Lord'

Attachments

• Tony Ackland Gigantic Demon Lord.jpg
    Tony Ackland Gigantic Demon Lord.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 3,009
Another Blanche inspired conversion:- Chaos Space Marine Sergeant based on John's Mercenary Sergeant conversion from the citadel modelling guide:-

Attachments

• Blanche Inspired Chaos Space Marine Sergeant.jpg
    Blanche Inspired Chaos Space Marine Sergeant.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 3,008
Chaos Space Marine Trooper conversion with Gorkamorka bolter and resculpted helmet:-

Attachments

• Blanche Inspired Chaos Space Marine Trooper.jpg
    Blanche Inspired Chaos Space Marine Trooper.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 3,007

Orjetax

Vintage_Warhammer":1fgpg1el said:
Another squad complete. Based on some more of JB's marines from the early 90's..

These are so great, especially taken as a group. Outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inchmurrin

Great stuff and tribute to JB I always meant to try to convert some marines in the style of the JB ones in the modelling guide.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Anyone thinking of doing it should do - doing the oldschool Blanchitsu is so much fun!

Here are some modern cultists, but with the boring heads removed and replaced with some rogue trader era heads...

Attachments

• blanchitsu cultists.jpg
    blanchitsu cultists.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 1,077

Plaiecivile

Brilliant stuff all the way, very inspired!
Keep up the good work.

Have you considered classic noise marines? Or a rhino with drummer on top? ...Yeah its a challenge! 8-)

Here's a bunch of Rogue Trader Traitor Terminators I painted up using contrast paints for use on expanded first edition Space Hulk - imperial vs chaos and chaos vs GS missions / campaigns.
I only just took a group shot since putting them on some fresh goblin green bases.

Attachments

• Rogue Trader Traitor Terminators.jpg
    Rogue Trader Traitor Terminators.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 895
Back