Warriors of the Obsidian Empire: Slann Army: Scenery Update

So, I recently got a few units of my burgeoning Slann army painted up and thought I'd put them up here for you...

Small view of the current force:

And the Main defender of the pyramid, a Warrior Priest:

A small unit of scouts:

A Spawn Band unit:

An Animal Handler with his two pet Giant Spiders:

A unit of Lobotomised Human Slaves, picked up along the coasts of Lustria:

And a shot of the pyramid I built for them!

Still have to attach a bunch of glyphs to the pyramid, and I've noticed a few bits I need to finish on some of the units, but I'll be moving on to some of the cavalry next!

Sleepysod

Re: Warriors of the Obsidian Empire: WFB Slann Army

Those Lobotomised slaves are great but must have cost you a fortune! Loving the spiders as well

Sleepysod":tfuu7yml said:
Those Lobotomised slaves are great but must have cost you a fortune! Loving the spiders as well

Thanks! I was very lucky to pick up a fair few big units a very long time ago when they didn’t fetch quite such a premium, but I’ve been picking up Slann on and off for well over ten years. They’ve finally reached the top of the paint queue for a while!

Fimm McCool

Lovely stuff. I especially like the tension in the beastmaster holding his spiders back.

These are looking realy good already.I really like the changed weapons you have given them (the blades look like the Bull Slann blade but are they plastic similar ones? I especially like the spiked club on the Spawn Band leader , gives them a much more menacing and savage look. Also agree with the chains looking great. Looking forward to see the cavalry arrive! These shields work really well too.

Pygmy Witch Doctor":1plr1nfc said:
.I really like the changed weapons you have given them (the blades look like the Bull Slann blade but are they plastic similar ones?

Thanks! I picked up a bunch of single figure monopose units a long time ago, but I really dislike the way the original models all look identical, so I cut the hands off a bunch of the different poses and swapped them about between models, along with bending arms and legs to make them all look slightly different, yet still uniform. I also used a bunch of the plastic lizardmen weapons too.

Niko

Very nice !!! A new Frog friend ! ;) More please !!!

Plaiecivile

This army is great!
The spiders and the handler are my favorites, plus he does an excellent job at keeping the spiders look the other way ;)
The picture of the spawn band spread across the pyramid gives also a very good feeling of "we own, we protect".

Niko":201cnhka said:
Very nice !!! A new Frog friend ! ;) More please !!!

That being said by a guy from France to a guy from Nottingham is... hilarious! :lol: You made my day!

Quick scenery update:

Slann Spawning Pool:

Warrior Priest:

And the Warrior Priest, on top of his Pyramid, sacrificing an unfortunate:

Zhu Bajie

Re: Warriors of the Obsidian Empire: Slann Army: Scenery Upd

Spawning Pool is awesome and will make a great scenario objective.

Outsider":sy3vnrwy said:
Lovely terrain; how did you put it together?

Thanks! The main body of the all the terrain pieces here are cork floor tiles that I’ve cut to make the basic carcass shape. they’re ideal as they’re really cheap easy to work, and are 300x300mm and about 3.5mm thick. Once that was done, i then carved the individual stone outlines in it, and the gave it all a coating of Halfords textured spray paint to give a sandstone appearance.

symphonicpoet

^What Zhu said, that spawning pool is truly inspired. And the altar is really very nice, in a quite gruesome and gamishly appropriate way. I'm so used to thinking of the Space Slann as sort of good guys that the fantasy Slann are always . . . enlightening.

Back