Citadel JD, Paranoia AND Gothic Horror

Sleepysod

Re: Angel Gang, other Citadel JD and Paranoia miniatures

A newly 'deshined' High Programmer - but now I notice his wonky eye... I seem to go through phases of very good (at least by my standards) and so so. These are all so so I think, even if they were fun to paint. Hope you enjoy at least.

Some more Parabots

and the remains of a troubleshooter (Don't worry another clone will be along in a moment).

Have one more bot almost finished and a barely started Vulture guard After that its onto the more expensive trouble shooters - I suspect they may take a while to emerge on eBay at a half decent price. In the meantime I can finish off Nemesis and the ABC warriors....

Nice work though I’m struggling a bit with the dangerously radical great outdoors bases.

Which ‘de-shiner’ did you end up using?

Sleepysod

The Windsor & newton. As it’s a spray I might encounter problems with the green tufty organic stuff on some of the other bases. Perhaps that, and the long wait for other paranoia miniatures at a cheap price, might lead to rebasing :lol: :lol:

Sleepysod

Don't know about anyone else but my painting mojo died a bit during August. I bought some of the contrast paints, but other than red I've found them a distraction from my 'normal' painting style. Also too hot on some days to paint, and then the Brexit omnishambles has lead to a general lack of motivation and sense of despair. Can only imagine that's going to improve over the next few months... ho ho ho

Anyhow, now the weather has have started to cool I have at least moved forward with a few new (and a few old) items. Points for those you can identify the minis (OOP Citadel in front rank). All are intended for use in my JD RPG that will probably never happen because all my friends are still addicted to Carcasonne and won't play anything else. :(

Jonas

Nice. I see some Grenadier Future Wars and A Rogue Trader Pilot. Funbot of course too and then some stuff I am not sure. Maybe Dr. Who?

I spy Citadel Gothic Horror figures and a Mongoose robot from their JD range too.

Where’s the dynamitero from?

Sleepysod

Good spotting. No Doctor Who miniatures here (the guy at the front is painted as Peter Davidson but is from the Gothic Horror range) - however I do have some FASA/Citadel Timelords undercoated ready for my next burst of painting.

The bloke with the dynamite and the long coat is from Pulp Figures range: PHP 07 General Cappy Boyd & his Expatriate Mercenaries
https://pulpfigures.com/products/view/24

And the bloke behind him is from PHP 09 Freakish Flunkies
https://pulpfigures.com/products/view/26

Sleepysod

Its a Funbot!

Need to finish the base and then I'll try to do a shot of all 8 Bots

Jonas

Awesome! I really like the look of these bots and to see them all painted is a joy.

:grin:

Sleepysod

Cheers Jonas. Really appreciated the funbot trade. Now I can get back to the JD range (few more perps lined up)

symphonicpoet

Nicely done! I particularly like the Paranoia troubleshooters and bots. :)

Sleepysod

Slowly creeping along with the troubleshooters. Only three more left t collect and paint!

Blimey, you don’t hang around!

Nicely done, your clearance coloured t-shirts approach is growing on me.

Sleepysod

Thanks again for the trade! They are too nice not to paint. Got to admit to “borrowing” the colour scheme from oldhammer in Toronto, but I do think it works better than the full colour overalls. Next up have to do the 3 Vulture Guards. Had a first stab at the officer, but was disappointed with the colours I choose and have stripped him. Watch this space...

Sleepysod

Slight detour from JD and Paranoia - but love this Gothic Horror mini. Believe he is Marlow Hammett from "The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb" game. Have the rest of the Minis half way completed. So should be able to share soon.

Sleepysod

Slow at posting and finishing miniatures, and crap at taking photos - but here are my latest efforts... Citadel Gothic Horror and Judge Dredd (plus an old RT pilot who just happened to be travelling by)

Back