Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge


Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar

Posts: 316

Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Location: St-Jérôme, Qc, Canada

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Now that spawn is great!
It will fit right into my nurgle beasts unit.

The head is going to be quite a challenge…
and I can’t seem to find a proper pair of legs (powerful and x3 in size) in my bits box so far.
Looks like a lot of green stuff ahead.

I also like the fact that it is so coward but gets crazy berserk once it sees blood, interesting creature!
Et à ce j'ajouterai, santé!

http://plaiecivile.blogspot.ca
User avatar

Posts: 59

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Location: Niigata, Japan

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Plaiecivile wrote:Now that spawn is great!
It will fit right into my nurgle beasts unit.

The head is going to be quite a challenge…
and I can’t seem to find a proper pair of legs (powerful and x3 in size) in my bits box so far.
Looks like a lot of green stuff ahead.

I also like the fact that it is so coward but gets crazy berserk once it sees blood, interesting creature!


It was a pretty remarkable result! As I was generating it, I was thinking it was getting more and more interesting with every roll... With the plague bearer result and the single eye it seems perfectly Nurglesque. The psychological results do provide him some excellent ready-made character as well. Why don't you try to come up with a backstory for him?
I can't wait to see your greenstuff efforts! :)
So what will you choose as your base creature?

Posts: 54

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Post Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Could you roll one up for me please?
Hoping that I can make some kind of Nipponese spawn :-)
User avatar

Posts: 59

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Location: Niigata, Japan

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:24 am

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Juxt wrote:Could you roll one up for me please?
Hoping that I can make some kind of Nipponese spawn :-)


Certainly!
Here you go:

Spawn F:

D6+6 Chaos Attributes; D6=5+6=11

1. Resilient: T+1
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Direwolf
3. Resilient: T+1
4. Overgrown Body Part: arms x2; I-1, WS+1, S+1
5. Manic Fighter: Hates all enemy within 12”
6. Scorpion Tail: poisonous, fear points +1
7. Spits Acid
8. Duplication: the mutant, at this point in attribute generation, splits into two separate identical beings. However, there are three more mutations to generate for each….

Mutant A:
1. Skull Face: fear points +1
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Wolf Rat (skull?)
3. Prehensile Tail: May be tipped in a functional hand if you wish. A+1

Mutant B:
1. Invent Your Own: At this point the mutants merge back into a single creature, but retain their separate heads, arms, and tails (two heads, four arms, three tails) but gain an additional head and pair of arms as they become a creature resembling a Buddhist demon (making for a grand total of three heads, four arms, and three tails). A+2, T+1, Fear points +2
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Rat-Ogre
3. Burning Body: T+1, fear points +3 (see rulebook for combat-related effects of the aura of flame surrounding the mutant)

Fear Points total: 7, the mutant causes fear in all living creatures. The mutant itself is immune to fear except when this is caused by demons or deities.
User avatar

Posts: 59

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Location: Niigata, Japan

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:41 am

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Juxt wrote:Hoping that I can make some kind of Nipponese spawn :-)


People interested in trying this should take note that we have just learned that it helps to tell me what you're hoping for. In this case I was able to use the 'invent Your Own' results to steer attribute generation closer to the neighborhood of something the participant wanted. :)

This spawn reminds me of the wooden deity idol of a Shinto shrine I visited once. When I came to this country, all the guide books said, "You WONT be allowed to see the inner chamber of a Shinto shrine because that is where the deity is housed. Only the priests are allowed to go there so DON'T EVEN ASK."
Within something like only three months of being here my wife and I were visiting a shrine taking pictures. A priest ran out and gave us a big smile. He immediately took us inside and began sliding open the doors to the inner chamber. "Here's our deity!" he exclaimed happily. It was a big bulky multi-headed multi-limbed muscular being wreathed in carved flames with glowering expressions on its multiple heads. "Uwa! Kakkoii!" (Whoa! He's cool!) I said, which drew an immensely satisfied expression on the face of the happy priest we met. lol

Also, the option to give Spawn F a prehensile tail tipped with a small hand reminds me of the two-faced bijin in the Yokai Monsters films; on the back of this lovely girl's head, framed by her long black hair, there was a hideously ugly face growing, with one open/bulging and one closed/drooping eye, and a long thin nose over a foot long, tipped in a tiny little hand...

Posts: 54

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:42 pm

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:34 am

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Tubehead wrote:
Juxt wrote:Could you roll one up for me please?
Hoping that I can make some kind of Nipponese spawn :-)


Certainly!
Here you go:

Spawn F:

D6+6 Chaos Attributes; D6=5+6=11

1. Resilient: T+1
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Direwolf
3. Resilient: T+1
4. Overgrown Body Part: arms x2; I-1, WS+1, S+1
5. Manic Fighter: Hates all enemy within 12”
6. Scorpion Tail: poisonous, fear points +1
7. Spits Acid
8. Duplication: the mutant, at this point in attribute generation, splits into two separate identical beings. However, there are three more mutations to generate for each….

Mutant A:
1. Skull Face: fear points +1
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Wolf Rat (skull?)
3. Prehensile Tail: May be tipped in a functional hand if you wish. A+1

Mutant B:
1. Invent Your Own: At this point the mutants merge back into a single creature, but retain their separate heads, arms, and tails (two heads, four arms, three tails) but gain an additional head and pair of arms as they become a creature resembling a Buddhist demon (making for a grand total of three heads, four arms, and three tails). A+2, T+1, Fear points +2
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Rat-Ogre
3. Burning Body: T+1, fear points +3 (see rulebook for combat-related effects of the aura of flame surrounding the mutant)

Fear Points total: 7, the mutant causes fear in all living creatures. The mutant itself is immune to fear except when this is caused by demons or deities.


SUGOI! This is gonna be awesome, thank you.
Totally not what I was expecting, but a really good set of results. He really has a raging deity feel, the three heads has a Housoushi vibe to it (an ogre magistrate who could see in all four directions at once) and the flaming body, muscular oversized arms and manic fighter ability bring to mind the Agyo and Ungyo temple guardians (who are effectively the alpha and omega, the start and the end of everything). Bestial faces- snarling, animalistic masks perhaps, or human masks to hide the true nature of his faces? I don't know yet. Multiple tails? A classic Japanese sign of something being supernatural.
An oriental spawn, worshipped as a wrathful deity by a local warband of briggands and thieves who revel in the destruction and havoc that he wreaks. A beast of legend, spoken of in parents' cautionary tales and hunted by (ill-prepared) wanna-be heroes seeking immortality.

To the bits box!!!
User avatar

Posts: 59

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Location: Niigata, Japan

Post Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:42 am

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Juxt wrote:SUGOI! This is gonna be awesome, thank you.
Totally not what I was expecting, but a really good set of results. He really has a raging deity feel, the three heads has a Housoushi vibe to it (an ogre magistrate who could see in all four directions at once) and the flaming body, muscular oversized arms and manic fighter ability bring to mind the Agyo and Ungyo temple guardians (who are effectively the alpha and omega, the start and the end of everything). Bestial faces- snarling, animalistic masks perhaps, or human masks to hide the true nature of his faces? I don't know yet. Multiple tails? A classic Japanese sign of something being supernatural.
An oriental spawn, worshipped as a wrathful deity by a local warband of brigands and thieves who revel in the destruction and havoc that he wreaks. A beast of legend, spoken of in parents' cautionary tales and hunted by (ill-prepared) wanna-be heroes seeking immortality.

To the bits box!!!


That's a good point about the multiple tails! It certainly has lots of potential for your setting.
You are also free to choose what the base creature should be! That could bring it even more in line with the setting. Choosing a supernatural creature would place it more in the realm of the sort of immaterial demon it already resembles, but it's entirely up to you. :)

Posts: 611

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:56 am

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:06 am

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Sounds like a good challenge, roll me up a spawn!
My oldhammer blog: Where the sea pours out

Image
User avatar

Posts: 59

Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:02 pm

Location: Niigata, Japan

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

lenihan wrote:Sounds like a good challenge, roll me up a spawn!


Okay, here you are:

Spawn G

D6+6 Chaos Attributes

D6=3+6=9

1. Blood Substitution: Protoplasm; T+1; a translucent slime oozes from the mutant’s wounds. When the mutant is reduced to zero wounds, the slime coalesces into a single protoplasmic mass to fight on its own with the following profile:
M 4, WS 3, BS 0, S 3, T 5, W 3, I 3, A 3, Ld 0, Int 0, Cl 0, Wp 0

2. Vampire: +2 fear points (see Slaves to Darkness for details)

3. GM’s Choice: Razor Sharp Claws; A+1 (w/S+1)

4. Irrational Hatred: (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Ogryns/Ogres

5. Crossbreed: (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Sabre Tooth (current form dominant with a few features from Sabre Tooth crossbreed), fear points +2 (profile becomes averaged with Sabre Tooth.)
Sabre Tooth profile: M 6, WS 4, BS 0, S 5, T 4, W 2, I 4, A 3, LD 4, Int 4, Cl 7, WP 7

6. Growth: x3; Mx2, WS-1, S+3, T+2, W+2, I-3, fear points +2

7. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Dinosaur (your choice as to which), fear points +1

8. Growth: x3; Mx2, WS-1, S+3, T+2, W+2, I-3, fear points +2

9. GM’s Choice: Rapid Regeneration

Fear points total: 9, the mutant causes fear in all living creatures. The mutant itself is immune to fear except when this is caused by demons or deities.
Note that the mutant has both protoplasmic blood and rapid regeneration suggesting that each time the mutant is reduced to zero wounds it will create an autonomous protoplasm amoeba.
User avatar

Posts: 400

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:00 pm

Location: Scotland

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Am I one of the first 3 or are you going to roll one up for me?
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Painting Challenges

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.