Chaos Attribute Roulette Challenge

Tubehead

jqE3ieA.png

Whereas I love painting 1/12 scale models and figures, my hands are just too damn shaky and my eyesight too poor to be able to paint my miniatures.
I will therefore respectfully abstain from the challenge I am about to issue to all interested parties, a challenge for the modelling skills as well as the brush. But I will however volunteer to serve as a referee of sorts in a certain capacity which I will explain in a moment...
The challenge is this;
Generate an "instant chaos spawn" using the rules found on page 65 of Slaves to Darkness. This calls for rolling up D6+6 chaos attributes. The challenge is that you must take the attributes generated and no trading them out for alternates. With the attributes so generated, it is up to you to arrange them and convert or sculpt them into as stunning a chaos spawn model as you can possibly realise. Naturally, the participant gets to decide what the original base creature is, so it will fit in with your gaming themes when it is complete.
Photos of the resulting figures will then be posted here so your mates can delight in your creativity and ingenuity in realising a totally arbitrary collection of attributes, as was the order of the day for warband players when Slaves to Darkness and Lost and the Damned were in their heyday.
To insure that no one fudges on their randomly generated attributes in any way, I will serve as impartial generator of attributes with my trusty copy of Slaves and my dice here.
Interested parties should post to this thread to request their set of chaos attributes.
(I hereby promise there will be no sadistic fudging of results on my part either; the rolls shall indeed be totally random results.)
Any takers?

epicsatsuma

This sounds flipping amazing.
I'd be up for it if I wasn't so chicken (and also snowed under with other projects)!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

inchmurrin

I'm in always happy to fail miserably in all challenges it keeps me building and painting not reading about it. Anyway I've already sent in my Legacy Challenge mini have YOU?

Tubehead

Hesitant interested parties may send me a PM to receive their chaos attributes; that way you don't need to worry about failing in public should you discover you can't manage it.
Completed artworks can then be posted here (or not, as the case may be...) :)

Tubehead

It seems that publicity was the issue for some. Since I suggested the PM messages, I've had three takers for this challenge.
I've posted the attributes generated for the participants here, so others can look forward to (possibly) seeing how they turn out.
I thought others might like to see the challenges issued so far, but the participants shall remain anonymous until they come forward with their completed models.

Chaos Spawn with D6+6 Chaos Attributes...

Spawn A:
D6=4+6=10
1. Enormous Noise
2. Blood substitution
3. Fangs
4. Rotting Flesh
5. Tentacles
6. Strong
7. Cowardice
8. Bestial Face
9. Hunchback
10. Crown of Flesh

Spawn B:
D6=4+6=10
1. Black Skin
2. Chaos Spawn (D6 additional: D6=6)
3. Cowardice
4. Resilient
5. Prehensile Tail
6. Atrophy
7. Bestial Face
8. Beaked
9. Metal Body
10. Transparent Skin
11. Rapid Regeneration
12. Dimensional Instability
13. Puny
14. Zoological Mutation: Tail of Sheep/Goat
15. Irrational Hatred: Items/creatures of a particular color, GM’s choice: Black
16. Horrible Stench

Spawn C:
D6=2+6=8
1. Huge Head
2. Crossbreed with Beast; Chimera: Current form dominant, trace features of donor crossbreed
3. Featureless Face
4. Mace Tail
5. Strong
6. Weapon Master
7. Enormously Fat
8. Vampire

Tubehead

Another PM received, and I'm happy to generate another spawn...

Spawn D:

D6+6 Chaos Attributes; D6=4+6=10

1. Iron Hard Skin
2. Irrational Fear (Wizards cause Fear +2/Terror,)
3. Multiple Heads (+1 additional head, A+1)
4. Brightly Patterned Skin (Tiger Stripes)
5. Feathered Hide (with vestigial membranes between arms and body)
6. Overgrown Body Part (Hands, 3x normal size)
7. Transparent Skin
8. Bulging Eyes
9. Bestial Face, Bat (+1A for Bite attack gained)
10. Chaos Lord:
  • a. Followers/Retinue: Ten Humans (Bestial face optional w/ two Dominant chaos attributes; Powerful Legs and Long Legs: M+1, Fear Points +1)
    b. Followers/Retinue: Four Gnomes (Two Dominant chaos attributes; Metal Body and Hideous Appearance: WS-2, BS-2, S+1, T+5, +7 Fear Points)
    c. Chaos Armour
    d. One magic level of the chosen Chaos power or a collar of Khorne
    e. Characteristics change thus: WS+4, BS+2, T+1, W+3, I+1, A+2, WP+2

Tubehead

Plaiecivile":3jvvokjx said:
Count me in, I'm up to the challenge :grin:

That's the spirit!
And here you are...

Spawn E:

D6+6 Chaos Attributes; D6=6+6=12

1. Growth - original size x3: Mx2, WS-1, S+3, T+2, Wx2, I-3, fear points +2
2. Long Spines - (nonpoisonous type): mutant may only wear chaos armour, fear points +1
3. Tentacles - three arms: +1 fear point
4. Powerful Legs
5. Irrational fear, three fears: Humans, Wizards, and GM's choice (Hmm. I'll say burning/flamed models and objects).
6. Crown of Flesh - GM's Choice: (Again? Ok, I'll say, "eyestalks".)
7. Horns: +1 fear point
8. Plague Bearer, Eye Rot: (the eyes swell and distend, growing large and bulbous with retained fluid) -1 BS
9. One Eye: BS divided by 2 (presumably this applies only to the non-eyestalk eyes? Your choice though.)
10. Hunchback: +1 fear point
11. Horns: a second set of horns; +1 fear point
12. Blood Rage: subject to frenzy for 2D6 turns when within 12" of a wounded creature (including itself). T+1

Fear Points total: 7, the mutant causes fear in all living creatures. The mutant itself is immune to fear except when this is caused by demons, deities, humans, wizards, and burning things.

Plaiecivile

Now that spawn is great!
It will fit right into my nurgle beasts unit.

The head is going to be quite a challenge…
and I can’t seem to find a proper pair of legs (powerful and x3 in size) in my bits box so far.
Looks like a lot of green stuff ahead.

I also like the fact that it is so coward but gets crazy berserk once it sees blood, interesting creature!

Tubehead

Plaiecivile":200d28pb said:
Now that spawn is great!
It will fit right into my nurgle beasts unit.

The head is going to be quite a challenge…
and I can’t seem to find a proper pair of legs (powerful and x3 in size) in my bits box so far.
Looks like a lot of green stuff ahead.

I also like the fact that it is so coward but gets crazy berserk once it sees blood, interesting creature!

It was a pretty remarkable result! As I was generating it, I was thinking it was getting more and more interesting with every roll... With the plague bearer result and the single eye it seems perfectly Nurglesque. The psychological results do provide him some excellent ready-made character as well. Why don't you try to come up with a backstory for him?
I can't wait to see your greenstuff efforts! :)
So what will you choose as your base creature?

Juxt

Could you roll one up for me please?
Hoping that I can make some kind of Nipponese spawn :)

Tubehead

Juxt":26rqj3er said:

Certainly!
Here you go:

Spawn F:

D6+6 Chaos Attributes; D6=5+6=11

1. Resilient: T+1
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Direwolf
3. Resilient: T+1
4. Overgrown Body Part: arms x2; I-1, WS+1, S+1
5. Manic Fighter: Hates all enemy within 12”
6. Scorpion Tail: poisonous, fear points +1
7. Spits Acid
8. Duplication: the mutant, at this point in attribute generation, splits into two separate identical beings. However, there are three more mutations to generate for each….

Mutant A:
1. Skull Face: fear points +1
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Wolf Rat (skull?)
3. Prehensile Tail: May be tipped in a functional hand if you wish. A+1

Mutant B:
1. Invent Your Own: At this point the mutants merge back into a single creature, but retain their separate heads, arms, and tails (two heads, four arms, three tails) but gain an additional head and pair of arms as they become a creature resembling a Buddhist demon (making for a grand total of three heads, four arms, and three tails). A+2, T+1, Fear points +2
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Rat-Ogre
3. Burning Body: T+1, fear points +3 (see rulebook for combat-related effects of the aura of flame surrounding the mutant)

Fear Points total: 7, the mutant causes fear in all living creatures. The mutant itself is immune to fear except when this is caused by demons or deities.

Tubehead

Juxt":1i6sx7b0 said:

People interested in trying this should take note that we have just learned that it helps to tell me what you're hoping for. In this case I was able to use the 'invent Your Own' results to steer attribute generation closer to the neighborhood of something the participant wanted. :)

This spawn reminds me of the wooden deity idol of a Shinto shrine I visited once. When I came to this country, all the guide books said, "You WONT be allowed to see the inner chamber of a Shinto shrine because that is where the deity is housed. Only the priests are allowed to go there so DON'T EVEN ASK."
Within something like only three months of being here my wife and I were visiting a shrine taking pictures. A priest ran out and gave us a big smile. He immediately took us inside and began sliding open the doors to the inner chamber. "Here's our deity!" he exclaimed happily. It was a big bulky multi-headed multi-limbed muscular being wreathed in carved flames with glowering expressions on its multiple heads. "Uwa! Kakkoii!" (Whoa! He's cool!) I said, which drew an immensely satisfied expression on the face of the happy priest we met. lol

Also, the option to give Spawn F a prehensile tail tipped with a small hand reminds me of the two-faced bijin in the Yokai Monsters films; on the back of this lovely girl's head, framed by her long black hair, there was a hideously ugly face growing, with one open/bulging and one closed/drooping eye, and a long thin nose over a foot long, tipped in a tiny little hand...

Juxt

Tubehead":34plix68 said:
Juxt":34plix68 said:

Certainly!
Here you go:

Spawn F:

D6+6 Chaos Attributes; D6=5+6=11

1. Resilient: T+1
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Direwolf
3. Resilient: T+1
4. Overgrown Body Part: arms x2; I-1, WS+1, S+1
5. Manic Fighter: Hates all enemy within 12”
6. Scorpion Tail: poisonous, fear points +1
7. Spits Acid
8. Duplication: the mutant, at this point in attribute generation, splits into two separate identical beings. However, there are three more mutations to generate for each….

Mutant A:
1. Skull Face: fear points +1
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Wolf Rat (skull?)
3. Prehensile Tail: May be tipped in a functional hand if you wish. A+1

Mutant B:
1. Invent Your Own: At this point the mutants merge back into a single creature, but retain their separate heads, arms, and tails (two heads, four arms, three tails) but gain an additional head and pair of arms as they become a creature resembling a Buddhist demon (making for a grand total of three heads, four arms, and three tails). A+2, T+1, Fear points +2
2. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Rat-Ogre
3. Burning Body: T+1, fear points +3 (see rulebook for combat-related effects of the aura of flame surrounding the mutant)

Fear Points total: 7, the mutant causes fear in all living creatures. The mutant itself is immune to fear except when this is caused by demons or deities.

SUGOI! This is gonna be awesome, thank you.
Totally not what I was expecting, but a really good set of results. He really has a raging deity feel, the three heads has a Housoushi vibe to it (an ogre magistrate who could see in all four directions at once) and the flaming body, muscular oversized arms and manic fighter ability bring to mind the Agyo and Ungyo temple guardians (who are effectively the alpha and omega, the start and the end of everything). Bestial faces- snarling, animalistic masks perhaps, or human masks to hide the true nature of his faces? I don't know yet. Multiple tails? A classic Japanese sign of something being supernatural.
An oriental spawn, worshipped as a wrathful deity by a local warband of briggands and thieves who revel in the destruction and havoc that he wreaks. A beast of legend, spoken of in parents' cautionary tales and hunted by (ill-prepared) wanna-be heroes seeking immortality.

To the bits box!!!

Tubehead

Juxt":354j3z6p said:
SUGOI! This is gonna be awesome, thank you.
Totally not what I was expecting, but a really good set of results. He really has a raging deity feel, the three heads has a Housoushi vibe to it (an ogre magistrate who could see in all four directions at once) and the flaming body, muscular oversized arms and manic fighter ability bring to mind the Agyo and Ungyo temple guardians (who are effectively the alpha and omega, the start and the end of everything). Bestial faces- snarling, animalistic masks perhaps, or human masks to hide the true nature of his faces? I don't know yet. Multiple tails? A classic Japanese sign of something being supernatural.
An oriental spawn, worshipped as a wrathful deity by a local warband of brigands and thieves who revel in the destruction and havoc that he wreaks. A beast of legend, spoken of in parents' cautionary tales and hunted by (ill-prepared) wanna-be heroes seeking immortality.

To the bits box!!!

That's a good point about the multiple tails! It certainly has lots of potential for your setting.
You are also free to choose what the base creature should be! That could bring it even more in line with the setting. Choosing a supernatural creature would place it more in the realm of the sort of immaterial demon it already resembles, but it's entirely up to you. :)

Tubehead

lenihan":sm6mtnk4 said:
Sounds like a good challenge, roll me up a spawn!

Okay, here you are:

Spawn G

D6+6 Chaos Attributes

D6=3+6=9

1. Blood Substitution: Protoplasm; T+1; a translucent slime oozes from the mutant’s wounds. When the mutant is reduced to zero wounds, the slime coalesces into a single protoplasmic mass to fight on its own with the following profile:
M 4, WS 3, BS 0, S 3, T 5, W 3, I 3, A 3, Ld 0, Int 0, Cl 0, Wp 0

2. Vampire: +2 fear points (see Slaves to Darkness for details)

3. GM’s Choice: Razor Sharp Claws; A+1 (w/S+1)

4. Irrational Hatred: (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Ogryns/Ogres

5. Crossbreed: (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Sabre Tooth (current form dominant with a few features from Sabre Tooth crossbreed), fear points +2 (profile becomes averaged with Sabre Tooth.)
Sabre Tooth profile: M 6, WS 4, BS 0, S 5, T 4, W 2, I 4, A 3, LD 4, Int 4, Cl 7, WP 7

6. Growth: x3; Mx2, WS-1, S+3, T+2, W+2, I-3, fear points +2

7. Bestial Face (using optional expanded Universal Creatures Table recommended for chaos attributes on P.294 of The Lost and the Damned): Dinosaur (your choice as to which), fear points +1

8. Growth: x3; Mx2, WS-1, S+3, T+2, W+2, I-3, fear points +2

9. GM’s Choice: Rapid Regeneration

Fear points total: 9, the mutant causes fear in all living creatures. The mutant itself is immune to fear except when this is caused by demons or deities.
Note that the mutant has both protoplasmic blood and rapid regeneration suggesting that each time the mutant is reduced to zero wounds it will create an autonomous protoplasm amoeba.

Back