WH40k Second Edition Tournament

weazil

Follypuff":1xphy6e1 said:
Hello everyone I’m new. I’m interested in playing imperial guard at your event. Does it matter that the models are the plastic Cadians? I started playing 40k during 2nd and have just started replaying it again with the ork player on this thread.

Hi Follypuff - welcome to the forum!

All figures from all editions from all companies made of all (safe) materials are welcome at the event. The only rule is that they must be painted!

All,

Apologies. Due to work and some issues I might not be able to make it this year!! I’m still trying to negotiate some flex but it’s not looking positive.

As far as the tournament goes all the tables are booked for the weekend and there’s a lot of you coming so you should still be able to run it, it might just need a bit of coordination.

If I can make it then I will do my best to get there!!

hardly indeed:)

I could bring books, mission, strategy cards, templates and counters. Psyker power cards for Librarians, and also psychic powers for xenos and heretics if necessary. Just let me know. I'm fully equipped:)

makhachkala

I will also be around all 3 days if any help is needed. I'll be bringing the box, dark millenium and some terrain. And not as many orks as hoped for, but still some orks...

weismonsters":3tyaulda said:
I am not sure i will have a very big force for second edition. So I may have to opt out of this.

Dude my 1000 point list is like 7 dudes, a dreadnought and a rhino!

Legio, still dont know which is our tables! I guess 2 of the private ones but which ones?

Im playing Realm of Chaos which is running all day sataurday, but can drop out for playing 2nd ed.

Come and make yourself known and Im happy to help coordinate. We can keep track of wins/losses/draws and see who did best in the 3 games they play. SOunds pretty simples!

Im not hot on the 2nd ed rules so things like generating a decent scenario are out of my remit.

I guess the best way is to just to habe some friendly games.I will be available from Friday to Sunday and will bring 1500p space wolves. Have not played 2nd since 25 years, but am used the new editions and read the rules. Would really like to play with somebody with 2nd experience.
Don’t know how the table reservations work but would like to pre arrange some games so I don’t carry all the models to the UK without gaming. Won’t be able to bring any printed material, no more space in the backpack.

OK, so it looks like we have a good number of tables. I think what we do when we get there is that we set up a matchmaking board. As each 2nd ed player arrives, we just jot down their name and force as well as the available tables and use that central point to arrange matches. We log wins, losses, and draws (or victory points)? And we just play and have fun. Winner gets, I dunno, bragging rights. If someone can bring a small portable whiteboard that'd be super useful.

We have a good number of tables available, and if we can't assign any at the beginning of a slot, we can turn them over to the Kill Team players, who I know will be looking for more space to play.

I will bring rulebooks and other gaming supplies, but I don't have mission cards. I'm sure there's a PDF somewhere.

The difference in numbers between 1500 points of Space Wolves and 1,000 points of Orks is instructive.

20190728_150307.jpg

I'll bring all the cards. Startegy and missions included.

and that's my brave defenders of the humanity

if-all.jpg

there are arund 2000 points in here, so I'll cut them in half or something. still not decided what to deploy:)

Chirstian,

The tournament is 3 games for each player, with 3 lists. You make a 500 point list, a 750 point list and a 1000 point list. SO only bring 1000 points, Thats what we are all bringing! Then we just track how well we do in each of the 3 games, the winner being the one with the most wins, if we draw well its a draw!

Ill contact you on messenger or email too just in case you dont read this!

Tytus and James, awesome looking armies!

Achinadav

Unfortunately I can't make it to BOYL anymore :( I'm very disappointed but hope to make it in 2020 instead. I really hope everyone enjoys their 2nd games and that some of them appear here as battle reports. I'll keep an eye on Facebook for photos of all the fun.

Back