Painting Competition Thingy

So, as someone who's never been to BOYL before. I was thinking of bringing a few minis ..I heard there was a painting comp? or that you can display miniatures.

What's the normal procedure? I don't want to make any gaffes.

Also- the FAQ says -https://www.bringoutyourlead.co.uk/faq

a bit about a comp ...but not what day it's on? So how does anyone know? I can only attend Saturday.

lenihan

Hiya,
If I recall correctly, the painting comp thingy is on the Sunday. The announcement of the winners, followed by the picture of all the survivors, serves as a kind of closing ceremony for the whole weekend. If you have friends there on the Sunday you could entrust minis with them to be entered?

Ketil Trout

I attended for the first time last year. I think the painting competition and group photo were on Saturday which seemed to be the busiest day. It was very informal with an announcement to put an entry in a cabinet in the shop with the winners announced later just after the photo.

Put your models in the cabinet, any time from the friday . I think judging is usually on the Saturday afternoon. Its always a laugh!

Categories are organised by what the etries are. Usually its Best painted Fantasy, Best SciFi, Best unit or squad, best BIG thing and "most in the spirit of oldhammer". But as I say it depends on turn out. If the whole cabinet is this year is only giants and nothing else but giants then the categories will reflect this, like "best frost giant, best giant conversion, best giant in the spirit of odhammer" etc.

weazil

Hi OldManPaints

Good question and sorry for the oversight on the page - the day should be there. To confirm, the contest is on Saturday, with the judging taking place between about 15:00 - 16:00. The winners are announced in the slot between the afternoon and evening games, between 16:30 - 17:00. I would anticipate putting your figures in the display cabinet in the morning of Saturday and taking them out at about 17:00 or so.

Thanks
Regards

Gaj

Back