OldHammer / NewHammer

An old lead Citadel Minotaur from the Eighties (lovely lead figure) and a much more recent, plastic Skink...

Attachments

• Minotaur 1 (800x600).jpg
    Minotaur 1 (800x600).jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,103
  • Skink A 7 (800x600).jpg
    Skink A 7 (800x600).jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 1,103
Thanks. Came out a bit shiny in the photo - it's not so bad in real life though still a touch shiny.

I'm having trouble with varnish at the moment: the first Citadel spray one I had was excellent, left a real natural tone. Then the next was dreadful and made them really dull, almost a super matt.

I then tried Testors spray laquer as that was highly recommended but, having bought a tiny can at a huge price, I'm not blown away by the results.

Went back to my reliable, brush on humbrol gloss topped by brush on matt and that worked for a while but now the matt's not covering so well. Minotaur was done this way.

Hmmm, have a big figure to do next (Grenadier Giant Griffin) and I really don't want to be brushing varnish on that!

symphonicpoet

^Maybe we can just assume the minotaur is working really hard and got a bit sweaty. Or maybe some gladiatorial combat producer asked wardrobe to oil him up well for the big fight.

. . . Anyway, they both look pretty awesome. Great color choices well applied. My compliments to the pigmentation department. :)

Back