My Greenskins

Ketil Trout

Thanks for all the kind words, I shall continue to plod along.

Next up is something that doesn't really belong with orcs and goblins, but it is green at least, in part

This is one of my favourite old sculpts, and I love Ivan Bartleet's version from his chaos warband. I was inspired to add the scorpion tailed dragon in homage to his, but decided against an elaborate standard too.

Attachments

• dragon ogre rear.jpeg
    dragon ogre rear.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 1,606
  • dragon ogre side.jpeg
    dragon ogre side.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 1,606
  • dragon ogre.jpeg
    dragon ogre.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,606

Ketil Trout

Thanks all, was good to finally get some paint on the dragon ogre. Have been wanting to finish one since I first saw it in White Dwarf a long time ago.
Next up is another big beast, not quite as old this time.

A giant stone troll that I think was part of a 54mm staff only Christmas gift diorama with a trollslayer. I picked this one up on eBay.

Attachments

• giant stone troll rear.jpeg
    giant stone troll rear.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,509
  • giant stone troll side.jpeg
    giant stone troll side.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 1,508
  • giant stone troll.jpeg
    giant stone troll.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 1,508

symphonicpoet

I really have a soft spot for those old dragon ogres and that one with the tiny dragon is fantastic! You've done a fabulous job with it. I'm really really tempted to find a way to make Zoats of them. But . . . well . . . Maybe those are the Zoats with the Eldar? What with their elfier looking armor.
Hmm . . .

Anyway, well done!

Ketil Trout

Thanks all. I've finally finished my chaos goblin mutants. I struggled for quite a long time with these figures because I really wanted to do them justice, they are such a great group of models

Initially I wasn't sure what to do with them, I thought about creating a small war band with them, but wanted to have them in my army so set about making a proper unit for them.
Whilst they sat on my desk some Kev Adams armoured goblins arrived from a Knightmare Miniatures Kickstarter, so they got added in.

and some fanatics

Attachments

• fanatics.jpeg
    fanatics.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,421
  • armoured goblins.jpeg
    armoured goblins.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,421
  • chaos goblin mutants.jpeg
    chaos goblin mutants.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,421

Ketil Trout

This is the completed unit of 56 chaos goblins

I ended up using quite a mix of miniatures, mainly Citadel and Marauder goblins, a few chaos familiars, the goblin mutants and Knightmare armoured goblins, a goblin from Oakbound Studios, my goblin war turtle, a Ral Partha Grendel and a Grenadier Demogorgon amongst others

Attachments

• chaos goblins right.jpeg
    chaos goblins right.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,420
  • chaos goblins left.jpeg
    chaos goblins left.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,420
  • chaos goblins.jpeg
    chaos goblins.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,420

dazza36

Absolutely brilliant I love it all. Hard to pick out any one part of it but the skin tones are a real stand out, as is the free hand on banner and shields. Seeing those armoured goblins made me think of the labyrinth film straight away .

Ketil Trout

Thanks everyone. A bit less chaotic this time, a new Kev Adams boar chariot from Knightmare. I love this model, its big and covered in lots of typical Goblinmaster details, severed elf heads, mushrooms and leering faces.

Attachments

• orc chariot other side.jpeg
    orc chariot other side.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,738
  • orc chariot side.jpeg
    orc chariot side.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 1,738
  • orc chariot.jpeg
    orc chariot.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,738

dazza36

Really nicely painted, love the wood effect and the boars. Was unaware of this company but definitely a great oldschool feel to the models, almost makes me want to dig out my orc dog cart !

Micha

Both the Chaos Goblin unit and the Chariot are a joy to look upon, excellent painting technique, color choice and of coure model selection. I would have loved some up close detail shots to really appreciate your work.

Ketil Trout

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Next up is a unit of big 'uns with a mix of Citadel and Marauder orcs plus a few recent Knightmare Miniatures Iron Orcs and an Asgard half-troll chieftain

Time is ticking away to BOYL and I've got a few things still to finish.

Attachments

• biguns other side.jpg
    biguns other side.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,615
  • biguns side.jpeg
    biguns side.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1,615
  • biguns.jpeg
    biguns.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,615
Back