What are these?

clownshoe

Need help identifying these Epic scale Ships. I thought they were Battlefleet Gothic but I don't have much experience with this so now I am not sure. They are all metal. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 2,424

symphonicpoet

^Stylistically they remind me of Ground Zero Games's Full Thrust miniatures, but I can't immediately place the specific ships. I'll do a little more digging and see if I can tell you which. There are one or two other stylistically similar ranges out there, but . . . that really feels like Ground Zero.

symphonicpoet

Got it: As suspected, they're Ground Zero. Specifically, they're New Israeli ships. The center one is a Barak class battlecruiser. The one on the right is another Barak, but modified. (Minus the thruster unit and with some added gribblies. Nice mod, really.) The one on the left is essentially a Chalutz Chalal class heavy battleship. The fighters seem to be from a different fleet, but that's a classic Full Thrust fighters stand. They might be New Anglian. Can't really tell, as there aren't many good pictures of Full Thrust fighters out there and I don't myself own any. If you like space games, Full Thrust is easily my favorite space combat rules set: flexible, simple, and best of all free. And you can adapt them for about any setting you can dream up. (Including BFG, if you so wish.) Anyway, that's what you got. All still in production. The battlecruisers are six pounds a piece before shipping, and the heavy wagon is nine. The stand of fighters should be about a buck eighty new.

clownshoe

Thanks man, much appreciated. I have a WHOLE bunch of these, not sure I will find time to add yet another game to the roster....

symphonicpoet

Well, you don't necessarily have to use them with Full Thrust. If you play some other space game and like it . . . proxy away. But sometimes it's nice to have a grand-old Return of the Jedi style Spaceship Shootout. And Full Thrust does that better and quicker than anything else I've played.

Back