Chaos Warband (Talisman 3rd Edition minis)

I'm creating a Chaos warband for Age of Sigmar: Skirmish

*ahem*

...using the minis from Talisman 3rd Edition (1994).

So far I have a Minotaur/Bullgor (right), a Chaos Warrior (left) and a Warrior/"Darkoath Chieftain" (centre). I'm going for a very light Slaaneshi theme (i.e. pink/purple/black colour scheme, but no major mutations):

5bJ1OVy.jpg

There's five more members of the band to go: a Chaos Marauder, a Chaos Dwarf, a Skaven Clanrat, a Beastman/Gor and a Chaos Sorcerer Lord.

I haven't finished the bases yet, but I wanted to get a picture up sooner rather than later.

More to follow.

dazza36

Some lovely painting but think you could have gone full K.I.S.S on the warriors warpaint !!! Will look forward to seeing the rest of the warband painted up.

symphonicpoet

I was thinking precisely the same thing. It's Kissssssss! :grin: Well done! Even if there is some small ambiguity which bit of glam rock is depicted. ;)

(Hey, there's an dea! Each member of the warband is from a different rockband! Kiss, Gwar, Def Leopard, Whatever blows your amp!)

By the way, I started experimenting with the bases today -- started out on the Minotaur here:

imnFZTo.jpg

I wanted something that looked fairly generic and "stony" as I plan to mostly game on a kind of rocky, dusty, desert wasteland... this is a combination of black washes and drybrushes in various shades of grey. It looks all right, I think, but I'm not sure if it's what I'll settle with.

symphonicpoet

Okay. No ambiguity at all. Had I been less mortal I might have known Abbath. The reference is quite clear. Very well done! Just . . . I live in a glam-rock closet. :">

Anyway . . . the base (or should I say bass?) came out well. Though maybe Mr. Minuettaur is big enough to need a double bass. If he want's to stand up, as it were.

Anyway anyway . . . puns aside . . . he looks pretty! Lovely and well done.

Well, I now have five miniatures painted, but four of them are finished -- varnished and ready to go. Here they are:

Chaos Warrior, Slaangor, Marauder and "Darkoath Chieftain":

07HXllB.png

Now there are three members left to paint: Chaos Sorcerer, Chaos Dwarf and Skaven Clanrat.

I added a Chaos Dwarf to the gang. He seems to have abandoned Hashut and converted to "Slaaneshism" to fit in with the rest of them.

6exxrMU.jpg

Just the Skaven and Sorcerer to go now.

Thank you very much.

A Skaven Clanrat has joined the gang, which somewhat offsets the "cleanliness" of the group...

nBCvFGD.jpg

I wasn't really looking forward to painting this one, and to be honest I don't think it's that great in comparison with the others, but it's passable.

I also added SHIELDS to (some of) the models.

Just one more miniature to go before the gang is complete -- the Sorcerer!

Plaiecivile

I love those monopose plastic miniatures!
It gets me back to my early years of gaming.
Plus you make the whole gang fit the theme really nicely.

…and now I feel the need to paint a white skin skaven with black fur, blue eyes and colorful clothings, like I needed that! ;)

Back