Lustria

Vyper

Hi all,

Last year on the Friday we had a ~8,000pt/side battle of human forces against the defenders of the Lustrian jungles. The slann and their various allies suffered heavy casualties, but managed to drive off the combined arms of the warmbloods! Pics can be found here: https://www.lead-rising.com/2018/08/bring-out-your-lead-friday-2018.html

This year, all day on Friday, we are planning to go for round 2 and are looking for some players to join us as frankly there is too much table and too many miniatures for two players to handle! Ideally we'd like a couple of people to take on each of the flanks and you would be welcome to use our miniatures or join in with your own.

If last year is anything to go by. the ruleset is likely to be some abomination of 3rd through 7th editions (with a little bit of historical and a couple of house rules for good measure) but any set of rules that you can agree with your opponent is okay by us, and homebrew units and monsters are welcome. Each section of the battlefield will be allowed to go at its own pace and crossovers will be handled on amicable basis (generals can exchange troops for beer, possibly?).

Player slots - Lizardmen:
Vyper
Golgfag1
lenihan

Player slots - Empire
Papa Vyper
Zoglet (Iain)
Jamie Loft

Hope to see you there!

Golgfag1

Nothing planned at the moment, so put me down as a possible, any particular army you want as allies/mercenaries?

Paul/Golgfag1

Vyper

Welcome, broadly speaking the sides are:

Lustria: Lizardmen, Slann, Pygmies, Aztecs, Amazons and assorted jungle-y creatures.
Conquistadors: Empire/Dogs of War, Dwarves, Ogres, Giants, Aztecs, Amazons.

lenihan

Having sent a message to Vyper just to check they'd be welcome, I'm throwing my Sea Elves into the fray (I suspect on the side of the Lustrians, rather than the filthy conquistadors)

Golgfag1

Vyper":2jyxzm92 said:
Welcome, broadly speaking the sides are:

Lustria: Lizardmen, Slann, Pygmies, Aztecs, Amazons and assorted jungle-y creatures.
Conquistadors: Empire/Dogs of War, Dwarves, Ogres, Giants, Aztecs, Amazons.

OK, put me down for a few units of the Lustrian army :lol: :lol: :lol: , as I'm about to go into the attic to see what I can paint for all the Lustrian games over the weekend! :o :o :o

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Which army lists do you want us to use, to draw up unit profiles for this amalgamated game of what ever turns up on the day?

Paul / Golgfag1

Vyper

Apologies for not replying sooner. I thought I was getting notifications for this thread but clearly not!!

We're broadly using 7th edition rules although players are welcome to overrule them with opponent's consent, for dramatic effect or by democratic vote! The plan is to have 3k points per side on each of the left, centre and right sections of the table. Games would broadly proceed at their own pace although cross-fire is permitted and troops on the borders can change owner so we're expecting it to be fairly hectic!

For the Lizardmen side of things, we'll be using the 7th ed army book supplemented by a variety of 'homebrew' units for beasties, pygmies, aztecs and slann which can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18k_lrJ0q7hVK7O0ULrZnjsRS9i-e9mEJ/view?usp=sharing. There is quite a lot there pretty much ripped from 2nd edition onwards, but you are welcome to use a different rule set for army building if you prefer although do account for the fact that troops in 7th edition are slightly cheaper on average than previously (a default human is only 4pts rather than 5pts I think).

For the Empire side of things we've used everything from 3rd edition custom models (ogres with handcannons, temple dog riders and giant scorpions!) through to 7th edition (magic users and detachment rules) and even the historical spin-offs for pike and shot.

Basically as long as you think it's reasonable and it roughly adds up right then go for it. We'll have plenty of troops to loan out if needs be. :)

lenihan

So I've ordered a Coatl for this... those Pygmies better not try to eat it! Might paint up my snakemen as guards just in case...

Zoglet

As per messages on Facebook, I'd be pleased to join - will message you. What time are you planning to get started on the Friday?

Vyper

We're planning to get there from doors open on Friday (probably around 10am) and spend an hour or so bunging scenery down on the table. :)

lenihan

Vyper":ec5odpla said:
We're planning to get there from doors open on Friday (probably around 10am) and spend an hour or so bunging scenery down on the table. :)
Great, I'll plan on arriving as early as possible. I'll be coming in from Liverpool, I usually can make it for just after 10.

Zoglet

I should be around shortly after 10. Having scrabbled around I could either bring some orcs / goblinoids (but they dont really fit the theme, perhaps?) or a random ragtag collection of human, dwarf and ogres who could be a mercenary contingent add on to an otherwise sensible army. Which would you prefer? I also have some Lustria-suitable aquarium buildings / temple type items if those are any use (but would need to know tomorrow to collect them). Looking forward to it !

Vyper

I think the ragtag collection will fit just fine. :)

We have plenty of terrain for the table and are just deciding on whether we want a Spanish style village or not! Either way scenery should be well in hand! See you in a few days.

Back