Oldhammer Wiki! Care to contribute?

Orlygg

Citadel Collector":2w0fh03w said:
Good idea. Where do we stand on submitting scanned material...?

We both do it on our blogs. Have you received a C&D? I haven't! I think the view on scanned material needs to be decided by the founder of the wiki. Presumably Zhu himself?

Orlygg":wkw1cg82 said:
Citadel Collector":wkw1cg82 said:
Good idea. Where do we stand on submitting scanned material...?

We both do it on our blogs. Have you received a C&D? I haven't! I think the view on scanned material needs to be decided by the founder of the wiki. Presumably Zhu himself?

I agree, I'm waiting for Zhu to chip in... :)

Zhu Bajie

Ha! I've been caught!

If anyone has a wiki-based project in mind then drop me a PM here and I'll sort you out a log-in. More general access will come along later once there's a body of content. Some things I need help on right now:

* Migrating the old Exodite White Dwarf indexes to the Wiki (I've got the sourcefiles, so they just need wikification)
* Designer / Author and Artist Biographies
* Rulebook indexes

But that's by no means the limit - if you've got a project in mind drop me a PM with an outline of what you want to do and let's build the thing!

Posting of copyright material or links to copyright material will not be permitted, but small excerpts for comment and criticism under fair dealing is allowable :) I certainly hope to include images of the covers of things...

zedmeister

Suppose I could look at putting together an early release list of Epic models if that's suitable. I've done a chunk of research including stuff on Codex Titanicus II and early release minis/rarities (The Infamous walker tank, Mk0 metal Warlord, Metal Eldar Falcon and Metal Ork Infantry, etc)

I think an epic entry in wiki would be great Zedmeister. epic is one of my fav games and love playing adeptus titanicus (1988) and space marine (1st), do you currently play these games ?

Harry

Guy over on Warseer put together the most amazing list of every single release ... with sculptors names next to them. It was mostly 4th edition onwards initially but having the complete list he started working backwards into the older stuff. I am pretty sure the folks here could complete the work.
Pretty sure he did one for 40K too.

Is that the sort of thing you are after?
I have a copy somewhere.

Zhu Bajie

zedmeister":3q50292m said:
Suppose I could look at putting together an early release list of Epic models if that's suitable. I've done a chunk of research including stuff on Codex Titanicus II and early release minis/rarities (The Infamous walker tank, Mk0 metal Warlord, Metal Eldar Falcon and Metal Ork Infantry, etc)

That would be cool zedmeister. Would you be up for doing the White Dwarf and Citadel Journal indexes for Epic as well? I've got the indexes in HTML and they just need wikifying.

Having said that, also take a look at the CCMwiki http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/ which might be more suitable for cataloging early/rare miniatures ranges as much of the expertise is already there. I'd like to see wiki.oldhammer complementing Lost Miniatures and CCM rather than competing with them for content.

See where you think the best fit is, and drop me a pm here if you decide you want to use the oldhammer wiki.

Zhu Bajie

Harry":2yrjj501 said:
Guy over on Warseer put together the most amazing list of every single release ... with sculptors names next to them. It was mostly 4th edition onwards initially but having the complete list he started working backwards into the older stuff. I am pretty sure the folks here could complete the work.
Pretty sure he did one for 40K too.

Is that the sort of thing you are after?
I have a copy somewhere.

I know the thread, it's pretty impressive work. Yeah that kind of list would be great, but I do appreciate the amount of work put in and maybe the compiler should be asked first. Would you be up for filling in the earlier releases?

zedmeister

Zhu Bajie":gxum2jk6 said:
zedmeister":gxum2jk6 said:

That would be cool zedmeister. Would you be up for doing the White Dwarf and Citadel Journal indexes for Epic as well? I've got the indexes in HTML and they just need wikifying.

Having said that, also take a look at the CCMwiki http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/ which might be more suitable for cataloging early/rare miniatures ranges as much of the expertise is already there. I'd like to see wiki.oldhammer complementing Lost Miniatures and CCM rather than competing with them for content.

See where you think the best fit is, and drop me a pm here if you decide you want to use the oldhammer wiki.

Not got access to add to the CCMwiki unfortunately (can't stand Yahoo groups so have never been able to request access)

Anything you like really. I've done some work on compiling box contents, articles and other bits and pieces on my site. I could include some of that on the wiki. I've also done a large catalogue of Epic minis and the era's they belong to. For example, metal Ork infantry were produced but never made general release. Bob Naismith produced a Thunderbolt Dropship for Codex Titanicus but was deemed too expensive to produce so it only exists as a master.

zedmeister":s37uxjxe said:
Not got access to add to the CCMwiki unfortunately (can't stand Yahoo groups so have never been able to request access)

I run the CCM Yahoo group so if you need anything uploading to the CCMwiki because it's more CCM than Oldhammer just let me know.

Zhu Bajie

zedmeister":3m8jikyb said:
Anything you like really. I've done some work on compiling box contents, articles and other bits and pieces on my site. I could include some of that on the wiki.

:o :grin: that's a great site - very useful and informative. You should be pimping that in your sig! Drop me a PM with your email + username and I'll set you up.

Back