The Siege of Brewer's DroOp, a silly siege skirmish!

Fimm McCool

I have booked a table for Saturday evening to play a silly little skirmish I am devising. The game will feature an army of snotlings attempting to steal the beer of a handful of besieged dwarfs.

I'll provide the scenery, miniatures and stat/reference cards and can accommodate any number of players who would like to turn up and take a dwarf, small group of dwarfs or part of the snotling contingent. I'm considering running it using my own rules but that may get abandoned in favour of 1st/2nd ed, 6th ed skirmish or mordheim according to how testing goes. Whatever it is will be very free-form, quick to pick up and should make for a silly and amusing game. :)

Attachments

• siegesmaller.jpg
    siegesmaller.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,558

Fimm McCool

Everyone in the old world knows that the best beer in the world is Bugman’s XXXXXX.

All the dwarves in the old world know that the best DRINK in the world is Cask Shisky, created by the Quaffenstein clan high up in the Border Princes. The Quaffensteins keep their secret closely guarded within the fastness of the fortress brewery known as Brewer’s Drop (named for the waterfalls which cascade around the castle and are a vital part of the brewing process). Only small quantities of the liquid ever leave the fortress and do so under armed guard supplied by the neighbouring kingdoms which have purchased this precious commodity.

Unfortunately the last batch to leave the castle was entrusted to a group of Tilean mercenaries whose diligence was somewhat lacking. Whilst they slept (no doubt after sampling some of the mythical drink) the rest of their merchandise was stolen and consumed by a tribe of curious grotto bogeys who lived in a cave nearby. Something in the mixture activated brain cells the bogies never knew they had and they began to scheme to discover the secret of Cask Shisky and make it their own. Following the trail back to Brewer’s Drop they drew up their plans for attack…

The first the small band of dwarves in the castle knew about the approaching danger was when a tiny goblinoid flew is a crazy arc through the clear blue sky and exploded in a messy splat on the courtyard cobbles. The dwarves immediately flew up to the observation post and the organ guns. There in the distance was a sea of green bodies swarming down the valley towards them. Striding through the slimy mass were four large trolls with clubs and shoulder-howdahs full of cheering snotlings. In the air above flew a cloud of bats with bogies in flying goggles and scarves hanging from their feet. Every so often, from somewhere amidst the horde, a lone snotling would become airborne and soar in a high trajectory towards the castle walls as some unseen siege engine let fly its living payload. This was not going to be a good day for the dwarves. Gluggindeep Quaffenstein sighed through his beard and went to fetch Mr Snuffles the clan watchdog.

Golgfag1

As I'm currently not signed up to anything other than the sand-box put me down as a probable.

Paul/Golgfag1

Fimm McCool

Excellent, ta all. Between the forum and the facebook group we have enough players to run. :) The more the merrier though!

makhachkala

I would like to join if there's room for one more! I'd side with the snotlings by choice, but either would be great.

Fimm McCool

Absolutely. I must make a list of who's said they're playing. There will be 15 dwarves (plus guard dog) which I have divided into 3 groups of 5 or 5 groups of 3 and the snotlings can be divided between 1-5 players. So the game will work fine with 1 player per side, 3 players vs 1 player, 3 players vs 2 players, 5 players vs 1 player, 3 players per side, 5 players per side, 15 dwarves vs 5 snotling contingents and any other permutation within. :)

Fimm McCool

I can make space for all that want to turn up... although might have to think about a cap in order to pace the game along a bit. With many, many players it can get a bit bogged down. Maybe I'll put out a call for definites and try and finalise a list of who's playing what in the week before BOYL, leaving some flexibility for others to join in.

In the meantime...

67367061_10157141679052279_1092376110844346368_o.jpg

Brewer's Drop itself is almost completed.

Fimm McCool

It's booked to start at 5. I'd have liked to have gone earlier but everything had already been booked up. :( If a table becomes free earlier I'd like to dive onto it as otherwise we may still be playing at 8 and that's definitely pub o-clock but I don't want to rush the game.

Back