Warcolours nostalgia '88 paints

Gasbraai

I impulse-purchased the entire nostalgia '88 range recently and I am pleasantly surprised at how bright and vibrant the titillating pink is in the set. From reading the realmofchaos blog I know that it is hard to find an equivalent colour to old citadel titillating pink. Having not had the means or the money to indulge this hobby until fairly recently and thus being a bit of an oldhammer poseur, I was hoping someone could tell me how the warcolours titillating pink compares to the original stuff.

As an aside, were any painting guides for the heroquest miniatures ever published in books / white dwarfs of the period? I would love to follow along with a Mike McVey guide and paint my gargoyle the way it looks on the back of the manual (or as close as I can get with my current skill level). :grin:

Fimm McCool

There was a guide in the Marvel Heroquest Special (Paint your wagon, er, orc!), but it was largely Advanced Heroquest minis.

area23

First time I hear about this. very interesting, as both my pink and bilious green are ruined.

So do bilious green and titilating pink really smell like the original? I'd but it alone for the scent-evoked nostalgia.

Mophus

Gasbraai":2s0qiwvf said:
I impulse-purchased the entire nostalgia '88 range recently and I am pleasantly surprised at how bright and vibrant the titillating pink is in the set. From reading the realmofchaos blog I know that it is hard to find an equivalent colour to old citadel titillating pink. Having not had the means or the money to indulge this hobby until fairly recently and thus being a bit of an oldhammer poseur, I was hoping someone could tell me how the warcolours titillating pink compares to the original stuff.

As an aside, were any painting guides for the heroquest miniatures ever published in books / white dwarfs of the period? I would love to follow along with a Mike McVey guide and paint my gargoyle the way it looks on the back of the manual (or as close as I can get with my current skill level). :grin:

Forget about the painting guide. Officially the eavy metal team used only Citadel colours, but in fact they used a mix of other companies, too. I can sent you colour receipts for the HQ miniatures, but they are strongly based on the Reaper paint range. A further obstacle is the difference between the metal and plastic miniatures. The least one are more difficult to paint. Especially the white dwarf beard drove me crazy.
http://north-american.yeoldeinn.com/gallery-mophus.php
I will remove the bases soon, as I prever the McVey look with the grass bases. By doing so I am going to change the Barbarians loincloth and add the stripes to the elf trousers.

WD115 contains an article about HQ. There are also pictures of the painted miniatures. I have used this issue as reference.

I also reworked the Chaos Warriors around the horns and shoulder armour, to achieve a better look. If I ever do a second HQ set, I will rework the heads of the Fimir, too. I have already made a test miniature and the look is more appealing to me (less Alien, more like the metal version).

Screenshot-2019-08-29-15-25-00.png

Back