Chaos in Lustria

Niko

In the deep jungle of Lustria, a strong force of Khorne's followers are looking for the Skull Shrine. A Slann army is immediatly dispatched to destroy this intrusion.
A 2000 pts battle between Mathieu ( chaos) vs Nicolas ( Slanns).
The two forces battles lines.
p1230420.jpg

Some scouts ready to harass the flank of the chaos.
p1230421.jpg

p1230422.jpg

The might of Khorne !
p1230423.jpg

p1230425.jpg

Some poor slaves....
p1230424.jpg

The army of the Jade Throne !
p1230427.jpg

Few cold ones riders.
p1230428.jpg

A deadly chaos dwarf mortar.
p1230426.jpg

Chaos dwarwes with chaos altar.
p1230431.jpg

Khorngors
p1230430.jpg

p1230429.jpg

To be continued......

Niko

Hi Folks,

It was a great evening last Friday as Patatovitch and I , played a a wonderful game of Warhammer Fantasy battle with our old warhammer armies.
Patatovitch bring his Khorne army for an invasion of my sacred land of Lustria. For my part, I have just managed to finish my Slann army for this game. We have played with 2000 pts army each. A Khorne army whith Chaos Champion on barded horse with a nasty magig sword. Two units of 25 Chaos Thugs , one chaos chariot, 8 Thugs horses , a chaos dwarf hero with 20 chaos dwarwes, an altar of Khorne and few chaotix followers, Skaven and Khorngor.
My old Slann wizard bring two units of 20 spawn band, two units of 10 Venom tribes , a small cavalry unit and a beastmaster with 3 nasty giant spiders, and at least 25 poor human slaves.

I won the dice for the first turn. My Venom tribes marched on each flank of the chaos army, followed by the cold one cavalry and the human slaves. My center did not move at all to form a solid battle line with the spiders and waiting for the chaos onslaught !
pulko310.jpg
" />
pulko410.jpg
" />
The chaos line, impressvive , very impressive !
pulko610.jpg
" />
The tower of the old ones.
pulko710.jpg
" />

Niko

No casualty in my first turn. My Blowpipes were out of range. Only Kopa Kapana my lvl 20 wizard sent a wind blast on the helpless Thugs horses.
On chaos turn one ,My opponent sent all his battle line forward. Only the chaos dwarf mortar fired this turn with deadly accuracy. He managed to kill three of my five mounted Slann. The two survivors hold their nerves after a successfull Cool test. With no magic, the turn of the chaos player was over.
pulko110.jpg
" />
The mortar strikes !
pulko111.jpg
" />

To be continued....

Niko

In my second turn, my two units of venom tribes moved again, the one on the far right shooted at the chaos horse and routed them. The other unit simply march this turn. But the human slaves missed a Stupidity test ( with a cool of 9 ! :roll: ) and simply stay still that turn.
In my magic phase, Kopa Kabana used his magic ring to summon a skeleton horde of 28 undead next to him.
After this, he managed to create a magical bog under the feet of the chaos general on horse and the chariot was also  trapped by the spell.
pulko113.jpg
" />
pulko114.jpg
" />

Niko

Chaos turn two, the Chaos general managed to leave the magical bog tosupport his troops. But the chariot is still lost in the mist. The dreaded chaos mortar tried to shoot at my Wizard but missed completly.
The chariot in trouble !
pulko116.jpg
" />
Third turn for me. Charge of the undead against the first unit of Chaos Thugs. The followers of Khorne lost their nerves and after a short fight , they fled and were destroyed by the skeleton !
pulko117.jpg
" />
The spiders charged the Khorngors into the towers but the ferocious beastmen won the fight !
pulko118.jpg
" />
The chaos general pray his master !
pulko119.jpg
" />

Niko

A vicious fight between the spiders and the Khorngors with casualties on each sides but no real winner ! On the right side of the slanns, the venom tribe and the remaining cold ones riders surround the ennemy.
pulko120.jpg
" />
My wizard summon a second unit of undead with his deadly ring !
pulko121.jpg
" />
After the slaughter of their brothers, the second unit of Thugs flee !!!
pulko210.jpg
" />
The chariotis still trapped in the bog !
pulko211.jpg
" />
The chaos general in traditionnal Khorne fashion charge alone the Slann regiment !
pulko212.jpg
" />

Niko

Re: Chaos trip in the jungle

This is the end of the battle. The Chaos army is in ribbons. The two units of Thugs are destroyed, the chariot trapped in the mud, the chaos general slain. Only the grim chaosdwarf unit is intact as the chaos mortar.
The chaos general offer his skull to Khorne !
pulko213.jpg
" />
The endless battle between the spiders and the Khorngors !
pulko214.jpg
" />
The chaos dwarwes !!!
pulko215.jpg
" />
The chaos chariot is now free but it's too late !
pulko216.jpg
" />

Niko

A crushing victory for the old ones !
The depleted chaos horde !
pulko217.jpg
" />
The useless slaves !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
pulko218.jpg
" />
The jungle is now quiet , the sacred altar is safe from the evil clutch of the Chaos .
pulko220.jpg
" />

THE END

That was a spectacular report. Amazing table setup, nicely-painted miniatures and a fantastic choice of setting! Great work!

Golgfag1

A cracking report, excellent pictures a contender for this years battle report I'd say. What set of rules were you using

Paul/Golgfag1

Niko

Golgfag1":2bppd8an said:
A cracking report, excellent pictures a contender for this years battle report I'd say. What set of rules were you using

Paul/Golgfag1

Thank you very much ! :)

For the rules, it was Warhammer 3rd edition.

The Fat Git

Fantastic report! Looks like it could have been in White Dwarf. A great spectacle and like Golgfag 1 said, contender for battle report of the year.

Nico

Great battle report Nikko :) So much good models on the battlefield... So, I go watch one more time all these good pictures :) Cheers !

Back