Inchmurrin's Oldhammer fantasy gallery

inchmurrin

I'm on a Khorne theme at the moment so here's the latest. A Juggernaut headed mace tailed champion with a replacement axe. He was going to be my next bestiary entry but as I explain on the post there he's too wee!

984632755_o.jpg

984632773_o.jpg

984632792_o.jpg

Comments and criticism encouraged.

JonAtron

You've got some nice base colours there, the red armour looks very fitting. Do you have any inks or washes? If not maybe try really watering down a darker colour and letting it settle in the gaps and grooves just to bring out a little more of that there detail. Nice traditional green base! :)

inchmurrin

Thanks for the thought. Actually this guy is mostly ink washes over a white undercoat but in the past I've been guilty of heavy pooling of inks so maybe I've gone to far the other way. Also the photo doesn't quite do the shading justice now I look at the real thing.

I like this model very much and your choice of base colors goes very well. I agree that some shading would enhance the look of the model and use of washes on the head and metal parts especially would have a positive effect without very much effort. I would prefer dark brown inks or washes for this.

inchmurrin

My latest pieces.

Firstly a more midhammer Chaos champion but in his defense he did have a weapon replacement from a monopose chaos warrior axe head his being missing.

987502577_o.jpg

987502587_o.jpg

987502582_o.jpg

I've been doing more larger figures recently and this is the latest a chaos Troll follower of Khorne. He's a 1997 stone troll who had his head and part of his weapon missing. Now he is a chaos troll with a spiky mace (?) and a wolf's head mutation - with an armoured one at that. My freehand isn't good enough to do a traditional freehand khorne sign on his beer belly.

987502551_o.jpg

987502568_o.jpg

987502559_o.jpg

There is getting to be a few of these Khornate types about perhaps I should do a group shot, anyone interested?

As always comments and criticism encouraged.

I like that Chaos Troll. Simple but effective conversion and a nice colour scheme! I am considering painting my Stone Trolls in a similar colour scheme.

inchmurrin

Okay here's the group photo of Karlo Deusop's warband based on my recent Khorne fixation and some earlier pieces that seem to fit. I think it could do with some less illustrious types skaven, mutated orcs maybe. What do you think?

989350513_o.jpg

These reprobates have appeared around the forum previously the earliest being the centaur like bloodletter flesh hound mutant on the right of the picture.

inchmurrin

Latest offerings a pair of repaired Marauder Trolls - why did they sculpt those ankles so thin I had one break while pinning the other? Also a snake tongued Nurgle chaos warrior.

990600979_o.jpg

990600989_o.jpg

990601005_o.jpg

990601016_o.jpg

As always comments and criticism encouraged

inchmurrin

Ah more Khorne, another warrior with replaced sword and a shield for once!

1009279390_o.jpg

1009279387_o.jpg

and one of the opposition a Tzeentchian wizard who has had his wand repaired.

1009279393_o.jpg

1009279392_o.jpg

Comments and criticism as always encouraged. (curses just spotted some flock gone wandering!)

inchmurrin

So more work completed at last.

I've done a couple of pre slottas recently and I can see the attraction. This is a C06 Northern dwarf with his broken sword replaced.

1014275295_o.jpg

1014275280_o.jpg

I'm not really a dwarf fan but I am getting into them. This is my version of the classic plastic chaos warrior with chopped off legs becoming a chaos dwarf, worked ok.

1014275311_o.jpg

Another chaos dwarf. My grand daughters painted a couple of dwarfs and an elf maiden on unicorn a little while ago. (they may be used by them in a dungeon crawl at some point) While looking for suitable figures I found a broken dwarf musician so with a tentacle arm he switched to chaos.

1014275226_o.jpg

As always comments encouraged.

inchmurrin

Thanks pinched from I can't remember who but I am tempted to create a "how to do Oldhammer" squad of chaos dwarfs based around monopose non dwarfs like him, the Heroquest version and goblins, anything except dwarfs. What do you think?

Back