Fimir and Minotaurs

Mick Boddy

Hi All, I am building a 3rd Edition Fimir army, but using the original idea of the Fimir on 25mm x 25mm bases and the Hero's on 40mm x 40mm bases. My question is, if a 10 fimir unit in two ranks of five also has a Hero in the unit, does this mean that the unit cannot be counted as having a second rank as the Hero is placed in the center of the unit. Also in the 3rd Edition rules p.237 it says that Minotaurs are based on 25mm x 25mm bases, surely this is a printing error as all the rest of the Giant Races are on 40mm x 40mm bases. Thank you for your help in advance,
Mick.

Juxt

I'm pretty sure that the c25 minotaurs of the time came with 25mm square bases, the minotaur lords on the other hand were on the 40mm squares.

Fimm McCool

Yeah, the minotaurs were much smaller then. Re. the hero placement. He occupies the centre of the front rank, so to keep it at 5 models wide you just displace the extra trooper to the rear (an incomplete 3rd rank). Otherwise, yes, the front rank would be 6 so the second would not count as complete with only 5 members.

Back