What about a nice group project? The knight project

Asslessman

OK guys (and I hope a few ladies have sneaked in there too ;) )

There has been an idea in my head for quite some time and the recent discussion about some people coming from some other places has given me the will to elaborate a bit further that idea...
Though most of what is uniting our community undoubtedly comes from UK, The odlhammer seems to have no boundaries with people coming from everywhere. I like the fact that origins don't mess around any further than P&P for Ebay trades...

SO...
I was thinking we could celebrate a bit our diversity by starting a sort of group project where everyone would bring a miniature (or gaming material like scenarios, why not) with a bit of his own background or country for others to share.

There could be multiple events but one I was thinking about was that each of us would be converting/painting a model with a common trait but adapted to his own origins.

I was thinking about starting with the general concept of "a knight" since nearly every race can have some (yes, dwarves DO ride...).

For example, I'm french and I come from a place known for its chicken so I am tempted to make some brettonian knight riding a giant chicken. The thing here is to mock prejudices so I could also go for a Nurgle champion riding a giant snail with stinky cheeses hooked everywhere on him or I could go for some Slann riding a snail... you see what I mean. Maybe the irish amongst us could come up with some fimir riding a sheep or something.

Next time after the "knight theme" it could be the design of scenario or a personnal regiment of renown, there are no limits to this...

I understand it seems quite vague at the moment and with the oldhammer day coming people will have their minds on more thrilling ideas? I'm writing this one down so it gets in people's heads and when I come up with my own creation, I hope it gives people the will to do the same. ;)

EDIT :
Since a few joined the ranks here the list.

Contestants so far :

- Asslessman : "Le chevalier au coq de Bresse" (The Bresse rooster knight)
- Harry : The Gloustershire pig knight
- Axiom : Tzeentch bee knight
- Fimmm Mc Cool : The new forest Pony Knight
- Phreedh : The viking Moose Knight
- Thantsants : Lancastrian/Yorkshire knight
- Mister Rab : Tzeentch knight on swan
-24_Cigarettes : Native american/wood elf on moose

lenihan

Re: What about a nice group project?

I like the knight theme, always liked the idea of jousting tournaments between knights... Could be quite a comedic tournament depending on some of the mounts ;)

Just John

I like this idea. Just one thing though - I'm pretty sure sheep are a welsh pasttime and not irish. Donkeys (asses) and drunk leprechauns are more our kind of stereotype :)

Just John":1vtmhiv9 said:
I like this idea. Just one thing though - I'm pretty sure sheep are a welsh pasttime and not irish. Donkeys (asses) and drunk leprechauns are more our kind of stereotype :)

I should have clarified...I'm Welsh...

Asslessman

Well, this is the perfect occasion to correct some false statements or mistakes as the one I've just made!

You can have your fimir mounted on a leprechaun ! or your knight on ass, it's all for the better !

I'm sure all of us will love to see the other's inventions...

Fimm McCool

lenihan":5zxb88gm said:
I like the knight theme, always liked the idea of jousting tournaments between knights... Could be quite a comedic tournament depending on some of the mounts ;)

Nice theme, could be lots of fun.

Just John":5zxb88gm said:
I'm pretty sure sheep are a welsh pasttime and not irish.

Not according to the Welsh, they say it's an Australian thing. The Aussies accuse the New Zealanders and the Kiwis point at the Welsh!

Not according to the Welsh, they say it's an Australian thing. The Aussies accuse the New Zealanders and the Kiwis point at the Welsh![/quote]

We don't shear our sheep with nobody!! ;)

Chico

Wait wait.. wait a min, Ok what's going on here! There sheep jokes going on and i'm not even involved!

''Richard and Patrick were coming out of a pub in Wales one evening when Richard spotted a Sheep with its head stuck in the railings.
"Look at that Paddy, we cant miss a chance like that" says Richard

So Richard walks up behind the sheep, drops his trousers and does this business.

Richard then says "Okay Paddy its your turn next"

So Paddy drops his trousers and stuck his head in the railings......''

There i feel better now :)

Asslessman

I didn't expect to unleash such a debate with my mistake... :?

Guess You will all have to try to make your own knight riding a sheep to see who's worthy of it ;)

Guess no one will challenge the french on the snail and frog side...

Blue in VT

I like the idea of the group challenge but am not sure what I would do for an American knight...maybe on a Harley?

Over here we always associate sheep with the scots....but we're yanks so what do we know!?

Cheers,

Blue

Asslessman

I thought Americans could go with the eagle... or buffalo or a coyote or even a raccoon depending on where you come from :grin: , there's a lot to pick from and that is the funny thing, not talking about the species you mount on the damn animal...

Chico

Go to google and type in Scotland's National Animal... LOL wasn't expecting that one :)

Asslessman

Wow that's nasty...

By the way, it's really tricky to find good rooster models, I guess I'm gonna have a hard time on this one...

Chico

Asslessman":310k6pks said:
Wow that's nasty...

By the way, it's really tricky to find good rooster models, I guess I'm gonna have a hard time on this one...

How about the MM40 - cockatrice AKA The Death Chicken

mm44cockatrice.jpg

Harry

If we have any German knights they could be riding a sun lounger ... or at least have their towel on one. :grin:

I love this idea. We could use the 'Full Tilt' rules they published in WD around 5th edition.

lenihan

Harry":db2rvjpz said:
If we have any German knights they could be riding a sun lounger ... or at least have their towel on one. :grin:

I love this idea. We could use the 'Full Tilt' rules they published in WD around 5th edition.

I do have that WD somewhere, could dig it out if need be. My recollection is that the rules were a bit dull and basic though... but I'm sure we could put our collective imaginations to make them work for our needs.

phreedh

Chico":4bepfpoj said:
Go to google and type in Scotland's National Animal... LOL wasn't expecting that one :)
It's only logical that a made up country has a made up national animal.

:twisted:

Fimm McCool

Haggis!!!!

I think a resident of the New Forest needs to go for an armoured Halfling on a pony. Bagsy.

Asslessman

Chico":21swgcc6 said:
Asslessman":21swgcc6 said:
Wow that's nasty...

How about the MM40 - cockatrice AKA The Death Chicken

mm44cockatrice.jpg

Huuum not going to be an easy one to find but I guess it's a very good start, thanks mate

Another way to go was inspired by Harry and his famous use of cheap plastic toys. Diidn't fond any with the suitable quality though, I'll keep searching...

I'm glad to see this project inspires some of you, can't wait to see some mnis coming.

Back