BOYL on YouTube

rattylee66

Great looking tables and miniatures. Wish I could get there.

Was that Rigg's Shrine I saw from the second Citadel compendium?

SamusDrake

What a wonderful video!

They pretty much nail it with how restrictive modern gaming can be, when in the earlier days it was made up as you went along, and DIY was encouraged. It was gobsmacking when someone built a 28mm scale home made ork gargant which was pretty much a garden pot turned upside down. We recycled stuff and added the detail with kit pieces that were left over. But now its like "you aren't using the official model so thats not allowed."...which doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the older games such as Rogue Trader...

It was nice to see those old "Space Marine" epic buildings and they bring back fond memories of that old and dear warlord titan and the landraiders. If theres another one next year, and I could make it to Nottingham, would it alright to join you all?

I like the way Garth was saying that oldhammer figures are up until 2000 then rocked up with this beauty made from modern parts!

DSC_0470.JPG

Fimm McCool

Yeah, skipped over the part where there are some companies around making new figures in the oldhammer vibe, but maybe he's just a true archaeogamer at heart. ;)

rattylee66

Love that term Archeogamer. I worked as an Archaeologist back in the mid 80's. Best job I had. Got to the stage I could not travel around any more so I settled down with factory work.

Those tin huts look great. It's always the buildings and scenery that grab my attention. They really make the games tables into something special.

ManicMan

you shouldn't EVER do such dishonest practices.. for one thing, Youtube's script for recommendations doesn't just work via views.., it's very unethical and scummy thing to do.. and companies that sell that are.. not really nice companies.. same as the ones that you can 'buy reviews' for products and stuff.. not nice, not good at all..

(Side note.. real person or spambot? if real person, you are a bit... yeah, need to learn stuff..)

Back