Guideline Prices for Rarer Items - Fantasy

ardyer

Fimm McCool":dm48e6r3 said:
I'd say £40-50 more likely for a goblobber in good condition. I'd keep my eye out for a £10-20 bargain though. ;)
I paid £40 for one with everything except 1 crew about a year or two ago.

Harry

Gallivantes":ei6kq9x6 said:
Could some kindly soul clarify what model "The Chaos Dwarf siege engine: £350-500" refers to?

Is it the one listed as "Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut" in the red Citadel catalogue of '91?
http://www.solegends.com/citcat1991b/cat1991bp290rcchdwfwms-02.htm
Yes it is. Apologies.
When I first put this list together years ago I could not be arsed to look it up and put that in as a space holder to look up at a later date .... Never got back to it and it just got repeated ... I have sorted the first post now.
H

Harry

I have updated the "Stupid rare or just stupid expensive" section of the first post with some things I have seen sold recently.
Please feel free to contribute anything you see sell consistently for more than £50 so I can add it to this list.
Thanks,
Harry

Nuln Spearman, £1,370 (WTF) :shock:
Heroquest Elf Quest £440
Chicken Dragon £430 (Only one I have ever seen sold)
The BIG Citadel Giant: £400 (Seen them sold for £300-500)
Heroquest Barbarian expansion £300
Chaos Dwarf Ass Cannon £250-300
The Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut: £250-300
TA 2 Dwarf Juggernaut: £150-200 (Seen one sold for £225 and one MIB for £400 MIB) :shock:
Heroquest Wizards of Morcar £241
Managers special Ogre Kingdoms Slavelord Braugh £200
Heroquest Ogre Horde £185
Warhammer Quest Game £160
Talisman 3rd Edition Dragons Tower £150
Dwarf Throne of Power (Newer one) £140
Advanced Heroquest :Terror in the dark £130
NB1 The Great Spined Dragon £100-150
Talisman 1st/2nd edition Dragons £100
RR1 Bugmans Dwarf Champion Jorg (with peg Leg) £104
Mikael Jacsen £103
Sandra Prangle: £100
McDeath: £100
Lady McDeath: £100
Citadel sheep: £60-100 (what is that all about?)
Warhammer Quest Bretonnian Knight £90 Boxed with cards £30 Out of box!
TA6 Emperor Dragon £80
Forge world GEO £80
Empire War wagon £70-80 Complete
Unreleased Dwarf on Pony £80
Chervalier ermite de Malmont £70
Extra 5th Edition Questing Knights (not included in the box set) £50-70
(Original)Heinrich Kemmler the Lichemaster: £60
Dwarf Goblobber £60 Complete
LoTR BME 3 Balrog encounter at Khazad-dum box set.£60 (Seen one sold for £200 (MIB) :shock:
The Giants of Albion £60
NB2 Kevin Peat Dragon Kegox £50
Carnival of chaos plague coach £50
Ral Partha Warmachine £50
TA4 Orc War machine £50
Original Palanquin of Nurgle. £50

The Von Zeppel Steam Tank and Other Steam Tank Varients also sell for big Money but I can't recall the prices I have seen them sell for.

Golgfag1

The rarer FTT Trolls such as FTT2 & 5, I've seen reach £70-£90, they're rare due to their tendency to break away from the base & their being dropped from the listings following the re-branding to C20, the others tend to go for about fifteen to twenty; I only got my FTT5 a few of years ago, due to it being mislabeled has a large neanderthal figure! :grin:

http://www.solegends.com/citf/citftt/index.htm
http://www.solegends.com/citc/c020trolls/index.htm

Paul / Golgfag1

PS
Bloody typical, I mention these figures & one of them turns-up on E-bay for BIN just under fifty quid :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTT2-v1-Troll ... 6016.l4276

Harry

Golgfag1":1l7ubi65 said:
The rarer FTT Trolls such as FTT2 & 5, I've seen reach £70-£90, they're rare due to their tendency to break away from the base & their being dropped from the listings following the re-branding to C20, the others tend to go for about fifteen to twenty; I only got my FTT5 a few of years ago, due to it being mislabeled has a large neanderthal figure! :grin:

http://www.solegends.com/citf/citftt/index.htm
http://www.solegends.com/citc/c020trolls/index.htm

Paul / Golgfag1

PS
Bloody typical, I mention these figures & one of them turns-up on E-bay for BIN just under fifty quid :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTT2-v1-Troll ... 6016.l4276

and the one in furs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FTT5-v1-Troll ... 2424664857

Lestodante

is this list some kind of average price?
Because I've seen some Heroquest stuff sold for a lot more than what you listed here.
Also seems you guys forgot the Guard Captain. It was sold for a bunch less than the Nuln Spearman (1200 gbp if I am not wrong).

Lestodante":2cdabvna said:
is this list some kind of average price?
Because I've seen some Heroquest stuff sold for a lot more than what you listed here.

HQ stuff has been in some kind of weird price bubble the last few months (probably since the prices were last updated here), People are paying idiotic money even for incomplete copies, let alone the rarer expansions.

Hi, I need some informations about the scenario pack "the Magnificent sven" Amazon Warrior Karra Lokota (the slotta amazon in the left).
I have this miniature and just now I knew that is quite rare and could have some value.
In fact one on ebay was sold for 50£, but we know all that ebay could be crazy for prices.
Then I'm asking here how much this miniature could value. If it worthy I would consider to trade/sell it. Thanks.

PS: what is the value for the pre slotta amazons too?

Attachments

• STA78592.JPG
    STA78592.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 3,792

Red Ember

I wish I could buy some of that rare things named by topic starter for that prices... I think that prices are obsolete.
As for ebay, I was searching and what I have found:
Chaos dwarves jaggernaut - 800 gbp,
TA4 dwarf jaggernaut - 400,
Slavemaster Braugh - 400 (no sertificate),
Imperial dragon (TA) - 600,
Hermit Malmont - 175(forged?) and 900!!! (for blister),
Giants of Albion - 150,
Boris on Ursa - 120 (sealed)

May be ebay is not good place to buy miniatures..?

Red Ember":3s3ww2hn said:
I wish I could buy some of that rare things named by topic starter for that prices... I think that prices are obsolete.
As for ebay, I was searching and what I have found:
TA4 dwarf jaggernaut - 400,
Slavemaster Braugh - 400 (no sertificate),
Imperial dragon (TA) - 600,
Hermit Malmont - 175(forged?) and 900!!! (for blister),
Giants of Albion - 150,
Boris on Ursa - 120 (sealed)

May be ebay is not good place to buy miniatures..?

You need to ignore Buy It Now (BIN) prices. They have no bearing on what items will actually sell for. All those items with insane prices will sit unsold on eBay for ever. Only look at sold auction listings that have had bids on.

As a quick example, this TA4 Dwarf Juggernaught recently sold for £100, that's far cheaper than the 400 you listed it as.

Also this Giants of Albion went for £80.

Basically ignore BIN prices, they're put up by idiots and chancers.

Juxt

dieselmonkey":35w2ekhy said:

You need to ignore Buy It Now (BIN) prices. They have no bearing on what items will actually sell for. All those items with insane prices will sit unsold on eBay for ever. Only look at sold auction listings that have had bids on...

Another thing to consider is how recast rare models affect the price of genuine ones. Over the past 6 months a slew of suspiciously pristine chaos dwarf juggernauts have entered the market for absurdly low prices, selling for as little as £80 each. This led to a known genuine one from a respected seller going for around £200, a quarter of the price of your average buy it now listing.
I doubt sellers of chaos dwarf juggernauts will ever see this kind of price again.

Juxt":3fx8fqep said:
Another thing to consider is how recast rare models affect the price of genuine ones. Over the past 6 months a slew of suspiciously pristine chaos dwarf juggernauts have entered the market for absurdly low prices, selling for as little as £80 each. This led to a known genuine one from a respected seller going for around £200, a quarter of the price of your average buy it now listing.
I doubt sellers of chaos dwarf juggernauts will ever see this kind of price again.

Whilst I wouldn't personally buy a recast, upsetting the reseller market really doesn't bother me in the slightest. Pointlessly inflating prices due to an artificially perceived rarity that doesn't really exist is all a bit stupid, really.

Red Ember

dieselmonkey":2d9e758t said:
Red Ember":2d9e758t said:
I have spare Chevalier de Malmont in blister
Can anyone tell me what is the real price for it nowadays?

Well, this one was bid up to £68.

Personally I don't pay extra for stuff in blister, but some people will.

Blister and unopened box make you sure you will not buy fake. Yes, I saw some lots for prices you have mentioned but very often it is needed to strip them from old ugly paint and so on, although sometimes you have no choice. BIN prices - yes, sometimes you can offer your own price successfully, but it does not work always. Auctions? If you are lucky, it helps. But I do not remember Braugh there at all or price lower than 250 pounds for the Marienburg landship.
And the most important. 68 pounds for Malmont? Heh! This is price for recast. No one can prove its authentity for sure, casting technologies are too advanced nowadays. And for recast it is too expensive.

Red Ember

Juxt":1gveukyh said:
dieselmonkey":1gveukyh said:

You need to ignore Buy It Now (BIN) prices. They have no bearing on what items will actually sell for. All those items with insane prices will sit unsold on eBay for ever. Only look at sold auction listings that have had bids on...

Agree. One time I saw 3 new landships and 3 chaos mammoths for 300$ each. Chinese seller :grin: He was banned then if memory serves...
And some sellers sell recasts for high prices. Bretonnian bombard for 50 dollars, made of WHITE metal. 1980-s model and white metal? It should be alloy containing lead...
Well, recasts can be acceptable for game, but not for collecting hobby as I think.

Back