The Beard Brigade marches again!

Tuskerton

Now we're at the end of the year, how am I getting on with this project? Not as much progress as I hoped as I kind of overestimated how much spare time I would have since my son was born on October.Turns out babies don't sleep so much! :shock:

The (crap) photo below shows the repainted army so far. I had hoped I would have also had the unit of 10 crossbow completed by now, but doing the 17 Warhammer Regiments plastics was a slog and took a very long time. The unit still isn't finished completely yet as I still need to do a proper banner for them. I also need to base the cannon properly.

It's been pretty good fun so far and the army is looking a bit more like how I imagined it looked in my head in my early teens. Looking forward to sneaking in some painting time in 2018!!! :grin:

eiFGfoT.jpg

Tuskerton

Finished the unit of 10 crossbow a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed painting these guys.

wDIIJHk.jpg

W7Tbba6.jpg

Next on the painting table are some Dragon Company models which I used (and will be using) as a unit of Hammerers (even though they didn't have hammers....)

Golgfag1

Nice work, you can tell there's a small amount of your enjoyment expressed in your painting of them. Well done sir.

Paul/Golgfag1

JonAtron

I'm not into fantasy war gaming but when I see an army like this, full of colour, diversity and painted so nicely I can really see the appeal. Real vibrancy and character, good work. They are going to look amazing on a nice battle mat going to war!

Tuskerton

Finally some further progress to share. Here's my unit of Dragon Company warriors who will be representing Hammerers in my army. Unfortunately, many of the models I already had when I started collecting dwarfs in the 90s were poorly cast (you'll see one guy who is missing an eye) so I had to get some replacements from eBay.

Still need to do a banner, but for now they are done. Next up is another unit of 20 Dwarf warriors made up of another 17 Fantasy Regiments dwarfs + command group.

HWXmkUT.jpg

Padre

This is turning into a very fine looking army. Keep it up!

BTW, I reckon a few dwarfs will be missing eyes. It's par for the course with their lifestyle and habits.

dazza36

Just had a look through and loving the work. The Dragons company is lovely and close to my heart as I'm currently working through my first 20! purple seems to work very well for them. I have 40 of them and there is that one particular dwarf who seems to have an eye issue! I turn it into an eye patch and then hide them in the ranks LOL. Do you have either Ulther or Borri to lead them ? I have a spare Ulther if needed just PM me.

Tuskerton

Sent you a PM

Not sure how I'd feel with a unit of 40 ahead of me!! Can't wait to see some photos when you're done!

dazza36

Tuskerton":yx4dbrhu said:
Sent you a PM

Not sure how I'd feel with a unit of 40 ahead of me!! Can't wait to see some photos when you're done!

Going to split them into 2 units of 20 and you can see my progress over in the showroom.

portman

Those are some really nice reworks of your old mini's - I wish I still had all of my old ones to rework.

Tuskerton

Slow progress on the dwarfs over the past few months due to Red Dead eating into my free time but finally took some photos of the last unit I finished.

Nf5F3Bw.jpg

Next up is an organ gun!

Ketil Trout

Great looking force, nice to see the old plastic regiment figures painted so well, and the heroquest dwarf too. Great unit. Looking forward to more.

Back