Rigg's Shrine

Thantsants

Ah Vanloon thanks and I must apologise for somehow completely forgetting about that little game we were arranging for when you were up on your hols! Don't know how i managed it but sorry I missed you! :oops: You down at BOYL this year?

Cheers Curtis - just got to splash some paint on it now!

VanLoon

Thantsants":30rmau7o said:
Ah Vanloon thanks and I must apologise for somehow completely forgetting about that little game we were arranging for when you were up on your hols! Don't know how i managed it but sorry I missed you! :oops: You down at BOYL this year?

No worries at all - that holiday was rather hectic for me (kids!) so I would have struggled to get away anyway. Yes, will be at BOYL. Looking forward to seeing your table.

Golgfag1

Thantsants":3awynhdf said:
Cheers Zoglet! Maybe have a chat with Golgfag about commanding some of his Slann or I have smaller warbands if that's more your thing.

On the subject of Slann - just been talking with Paul Ede on the facebooks and he's bringing a rather fine army of them along :grin:

I've over committed myself to various fantasy games over the course of the weekend, so has far as my figures are concerned - as I'm happy their being used. So, you have the choice of Vikings, Amazons, pygmies or pilgrims, as the Slaan have already been hear-marked for Pygmy witch doctor.

Steve, as you've others providing stuff, I'll not bring the Saurus/lizardmen, as weight may prove crucial, the suspension on my Land Rover may never forgive me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul/Golgfag1

Zoglet

Golgfag1":119yixhw said:
Thantsants":119yixhw said:
Cheers Zoglet! Maybe have a chat with Golgfag about commanding some of his Slann or I have smaller warbands if that's more your thing.

On the subject of Slann - just been talking with Paul Ede on the facebooks and he's bringing a rather fine army of them along :grin:

I've over committed myself to various fantasy games over the course of the weekend, so has far as my figures are concerned - as I'm happy their being used. So, you have the choice of Vikings, Amazons, pygmies or pilgrims, as the Slaan have already been hear-marked for Pygmy witch doctor.

Steve, as you've others providing stuff, I'll not bring the Saurus/lizardmen, as weight may prove crucial, the suspension on my Land Rover may never forgive me! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul/Golgfag1

Paul / Golgfag - I would love to borrow a unit of amazons for the Rigg's shrine game, if thats OK.

Thantsants

Good to hear I didn't put you out Van Loon!

Paul - didn't quite follow your post - are you not able to join the game on Saturday? If so that's a shame but cheers for the use of your minis! Oh and no worries about the Lizardmen - I'm sure we've plenty to be getting on with!

In other news the shrine is almost all painted now - on to the furnishings...

Golgfag1

Thantsants":2xhhw5ak said:
Paul - didn't quite follow your post - are you not able to join the game on Saturday? If so that's a shame but cheers for the use of your minis! Oh and no worries about the Lizardmen -

To be honest, I'm not sure - as I'm involved with the Thorkinson's island campaign over the weekend with my orcs and rather than get pulled from one game to the other and not enjoy either - I thought it best to say something now and let others step up to the line and if, things don't happen in the campaign - I can always jump back in with one of the smaller contingents :grin:

Paul/Golgfag1

Zoglet

Golgfag - huge thanks for letting me use the Amazons, much appreciated.

Thantsants - I have dug out the sandy cloth and the dinosaurs etc as suggested earlier. I have also just taken delivery of a couple of scenic items from Fenris - froggy idol and aztec style stepped temple: lovely but unpainted and I wont get the chance to do so in time. Any use?

Really looking forward to this and to seeing the Shrine and everyone's Slann , Amazons , Pygmys and other races of Lustria! The last days went back and added fresh colour to about 40 citadel Pygmys, will bring about 20 Slann also, ( i am using them on the friday so will bring anyway). Wont risk bringing giant scorpions or Coatl, as i fear breakage on the trip but can bring afew giant frogs if needed. Boarding pass is printed so will start to cut foam now to pack the figures. I think Thantsants we dont need lists or anything? we just turn up , all best with the Shrine painting. Paul i hope you can make it to join on saturday.

Thantsants

Nice one Zoglet - maybe don't worry about the scenery pieces if you can't get them painted in time though - the rest will most likely come in handy though!

Pygmy Witch Doctor - getting excited about the game myself! No worries about the scorpions and coatl - transit is always a worry. The giant frogs could be good though. Hope you have a good trip over. Lists aren't essential but a list of stats for all your troops is always handy as a quick reference if you have time. Think I'll be using 2nd ed but don't worry if any of you don't have your own copies - we'll sort it on the day. :)

Harry

Steve, Can't remember what we said about scenery ...How are you for scenery? Are you using battle mats to cover the table? Do you have enough? (I have one) I have a couple of Jungle Pyramids (Not as big as yours). :grin: and a lot of jungle trees and scatter. Should I bring some or all of this? Or do you have enough to do the table?

Thantsants

To be honest Harry, I think the more the merrier - especially the jungle scatter. Can't guarantee we'll fit the pyramids on but bring them along if it's not too much trouble. Definitely need battle mats so if everyone who has one brings them that would be great. :grin:

Harry

Thantsants":3syxgbrm said:
To be honest Harry, I think the more the merrier - especially the jungle scatter. Can't guarantee we'll fit the pyramids on but bring them along if it's not too much trouble. Definitely need battle mats so if everyone who has one brings them that would be great. :grin:
OK.:grin:

Zoglet

Huge thanks to everyone involved in this for letting me as a complete newcomer turn up and join in - especially to my fellow victorious amazons, to Harry and Golgfag and of course Thantsants for the splendid vision and realisation of the shrine and the scenario.

Thantsants

My pleasure mate - glad you had a good time - I certainly had a blast Gm'ing! Always happy to welcome new-comers in too - makes it all the more rewarding :grin:

Back